Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

For Perpective: Scoring is down in the NFL this season, but league officials say they are not concerned

September 01, 2023 02:59PM
From 2022...

Average points scored: 21.6

IMO, we will need to come in well above that number.

link

Scoring is down in the NFL this season, but league officials say they are not concerned

Published October 18, 2022 10:38 AM

NFL teams aren’t scoring as many points as they did last year, but league officials don’t see a problem.

This season NFL teams are averaging 21.6 points per game so far in the 2022 season. That’s down from 23.0 in 2021 -- and that was down from 24.8 in 2020.

But Judy Battista reported on NFL Network from the owners’ meeting that the league is not concerned. According to the report, if scoring were to stay down all season long it might be looked at it in the offseason, but right now the league thinks it’s a blip.

Still, there’s little doubt that the league prefers higher-scoring games because fans would rather watch higher-scoring games. Every year when scoring is up, the NFL sends out press releases touting the high-scoring games.

When fans complain about bad football, they’re complaining about low-scoring games like Commanders 12, Bears 7 and Colts 12, Broncos 9. The NFL ought to be concerned if those games become the norm.

#HelmetHornsMatter

“Well, the color is good, I like the metallic blue,” Youngblood recently said while laughing, via NFL Journal. “The horn is terrible. It looks like a ‘C.’ When I first saw it on the logo I honestly thought it was a Charger logo.

“Now when I see it on the helmet, it just isn’t a ram horn. There is no distinct curl like a mature ram horn. I don’t know how the Rams could get that wrong. That is your symbol and it has been for what? Seventy years or more? Longer than I have been alive? It’s just not us, it’s not the Rams.”---Mr. Ram Jack Youngblood

SubjectAuthorViewsPosted

How many points per game will we need this year?

Ramgator131September 01, 2023 02:02PM

Well you will be disappointed

Hazlet Hacksaw56September 01, 2023 02:10PM

1 more than the other guy.....

roman1843September 01, 2023 02:14PM

Re: How many points per game will we need this year?

mtramfan36September 01, 2023 02:42PM

For Perpective: Scoring is down in the NFL this season, but league officials say they are not concerned

Ramsdude31September 01, 2023 02:59PM

To make the playoffs, I'd say no less than 25 average

NewMexicoRam43September 01, 2023 03:54PM

Rams O should be just fine this year…

Rams4333September 02, 2023 05:45AM