Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

Well, today we may see evidence of Rams personnel strategy emerge…

August 29, 2023 05:38AM
I’m thinking mostly here of OL, DL, and Edge. Possibly backup QB.

Rams must make some tricky moves at OL today, one way or another. They’re overstocked there and have to choose paths for several players.

Noteboom. Trade in the works or maybe no takers? Otherwise, swing tackle? I just don’t think he’s credible at RG no matter how much McVay sings that song. If Boom isn’t traded today I think he’s our swing tackle this year and maybe gone in 2024.

Bruss. Time to fish or cut bait with this kid. I favor a release with the intention of bringing him back on the practice squad. Risk is minimal and if some team claims him, so what? Always hurt and struggles at 3 different positions. Alternatively, they could pup or IR him. One way or another he shouldn’t sniff the 53.

Zach Thomas. I fervently hope he makes the 53. He’s versatile and has played well enough to be included in top 9 OL roster. I’m not sure he would clear waivers, so that’s not a viable option.

Allen. There seems to be an outside chance that he might be traded, possibly to Bucs. If not traded today, he’s almost certainly our backup OC.

Rams might put in claim for Grier but it can’t be today. Just spitballing long term options for backup QB. I’m only lukewarm on McCoy, tbh. Grier would solve our backup Q’s ‘problem’ at the very least by allowing Bennett all the time in the world to develop.

There are decisions to be made at both Edge and DL and I honestly don’t know what Rams will decide. What I do know is that no matter who is cut, Rams will be left with apparently inadequate personnel options. If I were Snead, I would be straining to make a trade or pounce on waiver wire for an opportunity to bring in even a journeyman type at either position. I just don’t think we’re good enough at either of those positions.

Bottom line? Rams might work a trade or three today. And their OL strategy might start to come into focus a bit. Also, waiver wire could be far more interesting this year than it’s been for quite some time.

Thoughts?
SubjectAuthorViewsPosted

Well, today we may see evidence of Rams personnel strategy emerge…

Rams43130August 29, 2023 05:38AM