Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

Blinkscout PS Game 3 in Denver ...

August 27, 2023 12:16PM
Main question is ... do we HAVE to keep 53?

I'm not sure if the going for it on 4th down in the 4th quarter multiple times was because of THT's facemask or whatever, but the guy who was suspended a year for allowing head hunting on his team seems like he shouldn't be the guy to do that.

Nothing was great.

The Good

1) Desjuan Johnson looked like he belongs. That's the speed and ferocity he played with in college. He had a number of good plays but my favorite where when he beat a double team and got held and it wasn't called.

2) Trammel can hang on our PS and be dependable when it's needed.

3) I thought Arcuri had a solid game.

4) Ronnie Rivers seems to be functioning the same way he did at Fresno State. Efficient, gets every yard available and proves tougher to tackle than one would think.

5) I know his coming out party was last week, but Davis Allen just seems to move well in space and have an understanding of where he's supposed to be.

6) Our OC is simply solid in most phases. And Im not looking up his name again, on principle, I should know it by now and I keep getting McGlinchey. So just no.

7) That's the Quindell Johnson I know. My bet is he makes the 53 and they sneak Ingle onto the PS.

8) Cam McCutcheon I thought had another solid outing. Likely PS, but I'm looking forward to his development.

9) Hampton finally showed up "a little" ... that's at least the speed I'm used to.

10) D Line had a presence for a little bit ... Stidham worked around it, but he wound up on the turf a few times.

11) Feels like Evans is getting better each game. That end of game punt almost coffin cornered.

The Bad

12) Bennett's picks. I took a couple looks at them. Drew Sanders is a really tall guy with a good vert ... but it didn't seem like the guy was open behind him either ... the first pick he shouldn't have been looking at that side of the field, besides the fact that he missed the flat coverage bailing (height?) ...

13) Zack Evans. I want to be proven wrong, but so far I haven't been. the swing pass he got, he slowed down to try to juke the defender and ended up just running into him slowly. No violence, no urgency.

The Ugly

14) Stidham with 240 yards in the first half.

15) Ummmm ... do we have a kicker?

16) Can't cover Albert O to the tune of 7/109?

17) No faith in short yardage defense (That may not need to be qualified)

18) Seeing the score and knowing I had to try to find something to write about.

At least I have some college games to watch to get this taste out of my mouth, even if it's group of 5 junk.

Questions, comments, and complaints welcome. In fact, complaints appreciated.

SubjectAuthorViewsPosted

Blinkscout PS Game 3 in Denver ...

alyoshamucci221August 27, 2023 12:16PM

Re: Blinkscout PS Game 3 in Denver ...

JimYoungblood5369August 27, 2023 12:23PM

Rivers

21Dog41August 27, 2023 01:33PM