Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

Re: Did Rams shopping list off waiver wire just grow to 6 positions?

August 27, 2023 09:06AM
Nice read. Thanks for posting. It's true the Rams played guys who are either going to be outright cut or maybe added to the practice squad...for the most part. But, Tomlinson is our likely starting nickel and he got thrown out of the game early. Our backup QB was dreadful and had to be yanked. Our first and only string kicker missed a gimme FG. Young OL like Acuri and McCallister who have been praised in TC got beaten like a drum. We got almost no pass rush. The defensive front seven looked small and weak. The only times the Broncos' receivers didn't catch the ball was on poor throws. They ran at will on us. Very little to like. I wish I had skipped it, but I watched the whole beating. And the Broncos aren't like a top team.
Our depth should be able to match theirs. And yet they were unstoppable. So, yes, many of these young guys pretending to be Rams players will be rounded up, packed, and sent away. Most won't ever play another NFL snap. Nor should they. But, when they wear the Los Angeles Rams uniform, are playing for their jobs and look so unenthused and overwhelmed it shakes you up. Even with the vanilla game falling real players show that they can block and tackle. Real kickers make that kick. Back up QBs move the ball against depth defenses.
And with all that being said I really wonder if the game was good from purely an evaluating sense. Did they really sort out the backup RB situation? All 3 backs looked pretty good to me. What about the 6 or 7 WR? The problem with filling roles from the waiver list is that all of those players won't know our playbook. We don't know that they will be a fit in these schemes. And we have a very young team so it's not like we have vets everywhere to show any new guys the ropes.
SubjectAuthorViewsPosted

Did Rams shopping list off waiver wire just grow to 6 positions?

Rams43266August 27, 2023 08:28AM

Re: Did Rams shopping list off waiver wire just grow to 6 positions?

SoCalRAMatic108August 27, 2023 09:06AM

Their cut list this season has to be extensive

merlin51August 27, 2023 11:34AM

Just 6 positions???

Ramsdude44August 27, 2023 01:09PM