Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

longsnapper perfect, holder perfect, kicker missing

August 27, 2023 11:42AM
mtramfan
What about the holder? If the timing of getting the ball down in sync with the kicker's motion, plus the lateral and vertical angles of the hold are not right, the kick may go off.

Evans has never held until this preseason. He and Brown are building from ground zero. They have to be iun sync. The kicker has to trust the holder w/o making last millisecond adjustments that may throw him off not only for that kick, but may mess him up going forward. It's a mental thing s well as a mechanical/physical thing.

I remember watching other kickers all-of-a-sudden start missing a few, fans calling for their head, when the team changes punters.

Another thing: Is the long snapper drilling the snap in there where the holder can get the ball down, perfectly in time, perfectly placed, every rep?

The hold has to be right. I'm not sure that it always is, and I have no way to be sure that it is. That's up to the ST coach and from there is a matter of incessant repetition that the coach institutes until it is right - every kick - every game.
SubjectAuthorViewsPosted

Did LA Rams rookie Tanner Brown just kick himself off the team?

Rams43370August 27, 2023 04:04AM

Re: Not blame-shifting, just asking

mtramfan74August 27, 2023 08:49AM

Just Claim Dustin Hopkins From the Chargers.

den-the-coach79August 27, 2023 08:54AM

Re: Just Claim Dustin Hopkins From the Chargers.

Shecky57August 27, 2023 09:42AM

NewMexicoRam53August 27, 2023 10:02AM

mtramfan31August 27, 2023 11:44AM

Holds have been good, snaps good -- it's him

JimYoungblood5322August 27, 2023 12:35PM

longsnapper perfect, holder perfect, kicker missing

JimYoungblood5339August 27, 2023 11:42AM