Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

Nice Raider game review by XXXIVwin…

August 22, 2023 04:56AM
Here’s XXXIVwin…

Re-watched a few plays in the first half in slo-mo while keying on a few guys. Some notes:

Davis Allen had some GREAT run blocks. On a couple plays he really helped spring Ronnie Rivers. Stayed with his guy on a sustained block, several seconds, and took his guy out of the play. If his blocking is as good as his hands? Great. HE may be slow, but his hands and his blocking look REALLY promising.

I'm sorry but on the play where Bruss got injured, he had his ass handed to him. #51 on the Raiders just obliterated him. Knocked him completely off his feet, which is why he had such a sharp angle on his ankle when he tried to recover. We do not want Bruss out there anytime soon.

Quentin Lake with some sweet plays on ST.

Anchrum looked Steady Eddie to me. Avila looks okay-- mainly he's just so damn BIG.

I keyed on Nick Hampton on a few plays and unfortunately I didn't like what I saw. Worst of all, at least twice he was the very last guy on the D-line to react after the snap... maybe he's thinking too much? The knock on him was that he might be too small. Unfortunately that's what I saw. He just got "swallowed up" on several plays. When his first move didn't work, he got stopped stone dead with nowhere to go. To me it looks like he's gonna have to bulk up and add some power to his game, because right now if he can't beat you with speed to the outside he's got nothing else.

A few other random thoughts and observations....

I can't look at the Rams OL coach without thinking "Hagrid."

Skowronek reminds me of Bradley Cooper with a big honkin' nose.

Loved to see McVay fired up and having FUN out there. (He NEEDS to have some fun this year or else he'll burn the @#$%& out). I loved hearing him drop the S-bomb on live TV.

Whit sure is convinced that Boom is a starter. We'll see.

Nice flashes from VanValkenberg, Keir Thomas, and Bobby Brown.

Ronnie Rivers looks superior to Zach Evans from what I've seen so far.

Glad that Byron Young was held out... shows that McVay wants to save his health for Opening Day.

Nacua didn't play but Skowronek did. Makes me wonder if Nacua has passed Skowronek for the #4 WR spot?

Thoughts and comments welcome
SubjectAuthorViewsPosted

Nice Raider game review by XXXIVwin…

Rams43141August 22, 2023 04:56AM