Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

Re: A couple things that stood out to me

July 01, 2023 07:02AM
Ram_Ruler

3. Same as one. People in league circles like and respect him. And lord knows there's some incompetent head coaches out there. I don't think he's the worst. McCarthy was hired twice. McDaniels was hired twice. Adam Gase as well I think ? I think he's better than those.

IMO, Morris might be respected as a coordinator but not so much as a HC. As others have said, "if he's so respected, then why hasn't he had any offers to be a HC again in the last 14 years? 14 years!!!

I am still waiting for one of Morris's fans to explain why that is. rolled eyes smiley

Having said that, I agree, we could certainly do worse. I just don't have the same "blind loyalty" to Morris that some others have and don't want to settle for a middle of the pack defense.

Morris had 3 HOF'ers to work with and I expected more than a middle ranking. I also expect more creativity from my DC, regardless of the talent, than resorting to a Prevent defense 95% of the time.

If Morris doesn't end up with a middle of the pack defense this year, I would be ok if we moved on from him.

At some point, people will have to admit that is just more than "fans" on the internet that are his detractors. That excuse simply isn't true. If it was, he would've gotten a lot more job interviews from his Peers who also coach, own and have played the game.

#HelmetHornsMatter

“Well, the color is good, I like the metallic blue,” Youngblood recently said while laughing, via NFL Journal. “The horn is terrible. It looks like a ‘C.’ When I first saw it on the logo I honestly thought it was a Charger logo.

“Now when I see it on the helmet, it just isn’t a ram horn. There is no distinct curl like a mature ram horn. I don’t know how the Rams could get that wrong. That is your symbol and it has been for what? Seventy years or more? Longer than I have been alive? It’s just not us, it’s not the Rams.”---Mr. Ram Jack Youngblood

SubjectAuthorViewsPosted

Raheem Morris ranked as 7th best DC entering 2023 season…

Rams43158July 01, 2023 04:31AM

A couple things that stood out to me

Ramsdude90July 01, 2023 06:30AM

Ram_Ruler68July 01, 2023 06:47AM

Ramsdude63July 01, 2023 07:02AM

His Rams defenses rank first or second yet he's the 7th best coach?

NewMexicoRam71July 01, 2023 06:48AM

It's based on data

JimYoungblood5377July 01, 2023 07:39AM

Re: It's based on data

LaDoc68July 02, 2023 07:47AM

Seems about right

David Deacon53July 01, 2023 08:50AM