Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

Nice post on AD’s reaction to Rams offseason moves by AvengerRam…

June 21, 2023 06:00AM
Here’s AvengerRam…

Here's how Les Snead described Aaron Donald's reaction to the Rams' youth movement on defense for 2023:

"We were talking about, 'Hey, this is kind of the blueprint: We might have to play with some younger players, less experienced players on defense, per se,'" Snead said. "And you know what was awesome? He looked you in the eye and said, 'Here's the deal. ... I'm good. Just make sure they care.'"

Interesting comment from one of the best defenders of all time. He didn't ask for speed, or size, or big school pedigree. He wants to play with guys who care. If that doesn't show the value of effort, commitment and love of the game - perhaps above physical talent - I don't know what does.

So did the Rams draft guys who "care" to play on AD's defense?

Byron Young: He was out of football, working at a Dollar General (guess the Hy-Vee grocery store wasn't hiring!), when he walked on to play at Georgia Military College. He worked his way to Tennessee, and become a Day 2 prospect.

Kobie Turner: Another walk-on player, Turner started at Richmond before moving to Wake Forest, where he caught the eyes of scouts.

Nick Hampton: Found his way to the Combine and NFL scouts eyes at small school App State, where he was a captain for two years.

Tre'Vius Tomlinson-Hodges: You don't win the Jim Thorpe Award at 5'8, 178 lbs. if you don't care.

The Rams have some second and third year guys who also could fit this mold. Perhaps, the whole will be greater than the sum of its no-name parts.

I'm going to trust AD on this one.
SubjectAuthorViewsPosted

Nice post on AD’s reaction to Rams offseason moves by AvengerRam…

Rams43191June 21, 2023 06:00AM