Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

Article: Rams sign three seventh-round draft picks

June 13, 2023 01:38PM
Rams sign three seventh-round draft picks
link
Posted by Charean Williams on June 13, 2023, 5:08 PM EDT

The Rams have signed the four of their 10 draft picks.

They officially have second-round pick Steve Avila under contract. The offensive lineman’s agency announced agreement on the four-year deal Monday.

The Rams also signed seventh-round picks Ethan Evans, Desjuan Johnson and Jason Taylor.

Evans is a punter from Wingate, who averaged 43.2 yards per attempt across four seasons at the Division II school He had 53 punts of 50-plus yards and 89 punts that landed inside an opponent’s 20-yard line. He also has extensive experience with kickoffs, with 213 such attempts.

Johnson is a defensive lineman from Toledo, who totaled 65 total tackles, including 16.5 for loss, 5.5 sacks and one interception in 14 games last season.

Taylor is a safety from Oklahoma State who earned first-team All-Big-12 after leading the Cowboys with 99 tackles and six interceptions in 2022. He also had seven pass breakups in 13 starts. His 80 solo tackles ranked fourth in the FBS.

Third-round defensive end Byron Young, third-round defensive end Kobie Turner, fourth-round quarterback Stetson Bennett, fifth-round linebacker Nick Hampton, fifth-round offensive tackle Warren McClendon Jr., fifth-round tight end Davis Allen, fifth-round receiver Puka Nacua, sixth-round defensive back Tre'Vius Tomlinson, sixth-round defensive end Ochaun Mathis and sixth-round running back Zach Evans remain unsigned.

#HelmetHornsMatter

“Well, the color is good, I like the metallic blue,” Youngblood recently said while laughing, via NFL Journal. “The horn is terrible. It looks like a ‘C.’ When I first saw it on the logo I honestly thought it was a Charger logo.

“Now when I see it on the helmet, it just isn’t a ram horn. There is no distinct curl like a mature ram horn. I don’t know how the Rams could get that wrong. That is your symbol and it has been for what? Seventy years or more? Longer than I have been alive? It’s just not us, it’s not the Rams.”---Mr. Ram Jack Youngblood

SubjectAuthorViewsPosted

Article: Rams sign three seventh-round draft picks

Ramsdude119June 13, 2023 01:38PM