Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

Tanking = Remodel ???

June 04, 2023 03:45PM
I mean we keep playing word games call symantics IMO.
Are we rebuilding or is it remodeling or is that the same as rolling the dice, letting it ride? I can see how it could be Tanking without coaching to lose. It's like handicapping. All these same hopeful stories of potential emergence of young untapped potential. There is a reason a team goes out and spends and adds veteran upgrades and a reason why they do not try or even expect to have a complete turn-around in a matter of 1 off-season when they did not invest or are not a player in the FA market.

We know what that looks like. We had potential future stars on our team 1st and 2nd year talents when we started making those big moves and positioning ourselves for a SB. Very few made the final cut or elevated our roster.

To expect that to not be the case in 2023 and to expect that a 3rd of our roster might be upgraded to compete effectively is not a win now philosophy. It just does not work that way.

I will be excited to see who steps up this year as much as I was every year in the Spagnolo and Fisher eras and I will not have the expectation of 11-6 due to AI simulations etc. It makes more sense to say we are consigned to having a mediocre team and may even field a team that is highly exciting, competitive and yet expected to lose.

The Browns, Lions and Bears have languished in that space despite exciting draft picks and FA signings and yet to be honest they are all better fit to elevate their on-field performance and record standings in 2023 based on the fact they have been working on it for more than 1 offseason.

I think a SB champion is never going to just tank. I think they will simply suit up and field the best players on the roster and let it roll. They are not packing it up for 2023 but they are not 1 season away from turning it all around to a SB Level and they know that else there would never be a suggestion of potentially tanking for a high draft pick. It would be unecessary.

If no other team can be given that sorta credit, then why should we? It's okay to be an underdog. It's okay to surprise the naysayers. It's also not the end all if we totally and predictably disappoint loyal fans who most certainly know what a winner usually looks like even before they kick the ball off.

I don't believe we are tanking but neither do I believe we have a winning formula in 2023. It's the cost of doing business and the cost of our recent success.

Los Angeles Rams

Rap on.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 06/04/2023 03:51PM by BumRap.
SubjectAuthorViewsPosted

Tanking = Remodel ???

BumRap213June 04, 2023 03:45PM

If tanking was the goal

merlin85June 04, 2023 05:00PM

Re: If tanking was the goal

Classicalwit86June 04, 2023 06:58PM