Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

Re: Article: Will Ferrell on track to play John Madden in new film

May 27, 2023 10:50PM
Ramsdude
I just can't see Ferrell as Madden but I guess we will see! Personally, I would rather see Frank Caliendo play the role!

Will Ferrell on track to play John Madden in new film
Posted by Mike Florio on May 27, 2023, 10:57 AM EDT
link

“Buddy the Elf, what’s your favorite football team?”

That probably won’t be a line from the upcoming film about John Madden, but the actor who once said something very similar to that could soon be playing the role of the iconic head coach.

Via Deadline.com, Will Ferrell will potentially play the title character in Madden, a Prime Video Sports Original.

Madden will be produced by Escape Artists’ Todd Black, Jonathan Shukat, Jason Blumenthal and Giants co-owner Steve Tisch.

Per Deadline.com, “the film focuses on [Madden’s] friendship with Oakland Raiders owner Al Davis, and how Madden found a second act that made him far more famous” than coaching.

Known for his impersonation of the late Harry Caray, it will be interesting to see how Ferrell conveys Madden to the screen.

Several years ago, Ferrell (with a parrot on his shoulder) explained to Conan O’Brien that Madden was upset by Ferrell’s cameo in baseball spring training. During the segment, Ferrell said something as if it were in Madden’s voice.

Let’s just say it was a far cry from Frank Caliendo.
)))))

Agreed! Frank Caliendo nails the Madden voice to a tee. He probably doesn't have the acting ability to pull this role off though.

Madden was not a fan of Caliendo either. I wish Ferrell luck with this but in the back of my mind, I will probably wish it was Frank that got the role instead.
SubjectAuthorViewsPosted

Article: Will Ferrell on track to play John Madden in new film

Ramsdude141May 27, 2023 06:32AM

Killrazor70May 27, 2023 10:50PM

Ramsdude43May 28, 2023 04:24AM

Killrazor46May 28, 2023 11:18PM

LOVED Madden but he WAS fascinated with Favre,

Ramgator40May 29, 2023 02:58AM

Frank Caliendo impression of John Madden FULL VIDEO: March 29, 2006 Radio TV Correspondents Dinner

Ramsdude37May 29, 2023 05:25AM