Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

For any interested, some guys to watch this college football season

May 08, 2023 09:08AM
Having a first round pick for the first time in 8 years is different in that its pretty simple to identify the 1st round talent to some degree. At least going into the season. I'll throw some names out for anyone interested so if you watch any college football, you can keep tabs on some guys.

Alyo, feel free to correct me, or add as many names as you like. I'm sure I left out a bunch of prospects.

QB: - Looks like a 2 horse race at the top, then its pretty wild

Caleb Williams, USC - Big arm, big time athlete with his feet with a 6'-1" 215 lbs build which is pretty sturdy. Looks like the #1 pick as long as he continues his trajectory.

Drake Maye, UNC - 6'-4" 215 lbs. - mobile QB with a great arm and can beat you with his legs and arm. He will challenge for the 1st pick overall unless he melts down.

Michael Penix Jr., Washington; J.J. McCarthy, Michigan; Quinn Ewers, Texas and Bo Nix, Oregon should also be in the mix for 1st round QBs. Penix is an older prospect that had a monster season last year and can sling it. Ewers is a gunslinger, Nix can create with his legs and arm and McCarthy is another dual threat, but more in the mold of Burrow in that he runs and moves to throw.

WR: some elite talent this year and its a better class than 2023

Marvin Harrison Jr, OSU - He's 6'-4" with speed to burn and his dads hands. He looks like a generational talent at WR.

Emeka Egbuka, Ohio State - Harrison's running mate, fast, electric and dangerous in the open field. Great route runner. Plays inside and out. Not generational, but better than all the WRs in 2023 class

After that, Troy Franklin, Oregon is 6'-3" and about 180 lbs, fast and athletic. Needs good weight, Xavier Worthy, Texas at 6'-1" and 165 is really lean but probably the fastest WR in the draft, he can take a top off a defense. Tyreek Hill is a good comp.

TE: A few guys, but Bowers is the one to watch

Brock Bowers, Georgia - Another possible generational talent. 6'-4" 240 lbs, Fast, athletic and a strong route runner. He is an absolute mismatch. He was the best TE in football last year, and better than every TE in 2023 draft.

RB: A couple of guys, but I feel like this class is lighter than this years.

Treveyon Henderson, Ohio St - He's been a stud since he walked on campus. Typical RB size at 5'-10" 215 lbs. Great vision, smooth lower body with excellent feet. Good pass catcher.

Raheim Sanders, Arkansas - big kid at 6'-2" 227. He's a pile mover with enough juice to go the distance. Crazy numbers last year at Arkansas. he has great vision as well. 3 fumbles last year on 220 carries needs to be cleaned up, but for those wanting a SJax type back, turn on Arkansas this fall.

OT: Really good group up top this year

Joe Alt, Notre Dame - At 6'-8" 317 lbs, he's a big dude, but he was a TE, so he is athletic, light on his feet to mirror and adjust and has a good anchor. He's a great Rams fit.

Olumuyiwa Fashanu, Penn St - 6'-6" 320 lbs - he's nasty. So if you want a mean, hard nosed LT, Look no further. He could be the #1 OT by years end if he gets more consisent IMO. Heady player that is a smooth mover.

JC Lathom, Ala - I think he ends up a RT, but keep an eye on this guy. 6'-6" 325, strong and nasty. I think he might be too tightly wound below the waist to handle LT speed rushers.

IOL:

Sedrick Van Pran, Georgia - He could have been the top OC if he came out. That Georgia line was nuts last year. And he anchored it. 8 hurries, no QB hits and no sacks last year. At 6'-4" 310 lbs, he has the ideal size for an OC. Love him as a zone blocking OC. He is brutal with good athleticism. His nasty play style fits with Avila nicely. Alyo and I both loved this kid last year.

Edge: another good class

Jared Verse, FSU - Shocked he didn't come out, he had to have had a 1st round grade. Played for Albany, then transferred to FSU, so maybe he wanted 2 years of production at a high end school 6'-4" 250 lbs of relentlessness. In the run and pass game. Flexible enough to flatten around the corner to the QB, but strong enough to hold his own at the PoA.

Dallas Turner, Ala - Another in a long line of Alabama pass rushers. 6'-4" 240 lbs and fast. he should test out of the gym at the combine. Can drop into coverage. Plenty of range.

I left off guys like Braylon Trice, Wash, Jack Sawyer, Ohio St and JT Tuimoloau, Ohio St - as they are more 43 DE, but they all are 1st round edge rushers.

DT: No Jalen Carters this year

Maason Smith, LSU - Yes, I spelled Maason correctly lol. 6'-5" 300 lbs. Played all of 8 snaps last year due to blowing out an ACL. Explosive and strong, I really liked him 2 years ago and was on my watch list. It'll be interesting to see how he recovers.

ILB: nothing super exciting

Jeremiah Trotter Jr, Clemson - Bloodlines are there. 6'-0" 230 lbs, he is super rangy, smooth dropping into zone coverage, and an instinctual blitzer, needs to get stronger against the run, but would work well with Jones IMO.

CB: Oh boy

Kool-Aid McKinstry, Ala - He would have been my #1 CB in 2023 as a true freshman. 6'-1" 190 lbs, so great size. He is physical in all phases of the game. Looks to destroy ball carriers and seemingly likes to bait QBs to throwing his way and making a play on the ball. His speed and athleticism keeps him in phase with WRs all over the field and his recovery speed is elite. Great hands and is a punt returner. He is a Ramsey clone. Zone or man. He has to be high on the Rams list (assuming the Rams scout anyone before next February)

Cooper DeJean, Iowa - 6'-1" 205 lbs and a track star. He had a handful of picks with 3 of those taken to the house.1st team all Big 10, and we all know the Big 10 had a ton of good CBs drafted this year. He has the ball skills, size, and athleticism to be special.

S: its really 1 guy again like this past draft

Andrew Mukubam Clemson - 6'-0" 185 lbs - he has a similar build to Branch, but is a lot faster. He also has a similar skill set with STAR potential. He can play outside, in the slot, playing any safety spot and is a good blitzer.

It'll be interesting to see how these guys progress or don't , and who steps up that may be under the radar.

Don't waste your time looking back, you're not going that way. - Ragnar Lothbrok
SubjectAuthorViewsPosted

For any interested, some guys to watch this college football season

Deadpool230May 08, 2023 09:08AM

Adding to the list with guys I like "in addition"

alyoshamucci101May 08, 2023 02:32PM

Re: For any interested, some guys to watch this college football season

droopy83May 08, 2023 03:45PM

alyoshamucci74May 08, 2023 04:14PM

droopy61May 08, 2023 06:19PM