Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

Memento has a juicy post on the Ram rookies of 2023…

May 08, 2023 08:07AM
Some of the best detailed stuff on udfa’s that I’ve seen.

Here’s Memento…

I am very interested in some of the undrafted free agents, namely Braxton Burmeister, The Davises at corner (Timarcus and Tyon), Tiyon Evans at running back, and two of the inside linebackers (Kelechi Onyalebechi and DeAndre Square).

Onyalebechi was his conference’s defensive player of the year and the conference’s student-athlete of the year. Square was a fantastic ILB in 2021, but fell off a bit last year.

The Davises are interesting corners; Timarcus, in particular, had a bunch of solid special teams tackles in his highlight reel by him (to go along with good coverage skills). Tyon is a solid cover corner, long arms, big frame.

Tiyon Evans is a bowling ball at 5’9”, 225 lbs. Reminds me of C.J. Anderson.

As for Burmeister, he’s a former quarterback who moved to wide receiver. He’s blazing fast - ran over 22 mph on the GPS. For a reference, that’s faster than Gurley was.

Then there’s other undrafted wideouts competing: Sam James and Xavier Smith look like solid returners, while Tyler Hudson was Louisville’s number one receiver. Quindell Johnson will likely make the team, and Rashad Torrence II has a shot as well (and I wouldn’t sell Jason Taylor II short either; he was one of the best secondary players at Okie State - a school known for producing secondary talent).

Finally, the draft picks. I want to see how Kobie Turner, Byron Young, Nick Hampton, Desjuan Johnson, and Ochaun Mathis perform and compete against Daniel Hardy, Kier Thomas, Hoecht and the Browns. I want to see Davis Allen, Puka Nacua, and Zack Evans perform. I want to see Tre’Vius Hodges-Tomlinson man the outside cornerback position opposite Cobie Durant and Robert Rochell I want to see Steve Avila, Warren McClendon, Mike McAllister, Sean Maginn, and Grant Miller perform against second years in Logan Bruss, Zachary Thomas, and A.J. Arcuri.

I want to see Ethan Evans, Tanner Brown, Christopher Dunn, and Alex Ward grow.

And I guess Stetson Bennett is an option.
SubjectAuthorViewsPosted

Memento has a juicy post on the Ram rookies of 2023…

Rams43198May 08, 2023 08:07AM