Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

Good question 3030

May 04, 2023 08:03AM
This from Dolphins LB Jerome Baker on the defense Vic Fangio is installing in Miami:

"...This defense is players figure it out. There are no set rules on how far to drop. There’s a lot more freedom. It gives me some freedom to go out there and play ball.”
[profootballtalk.nbcsports.com]

I assume he's talking in general terms and Fangio isn't preaching defensive anarchy. While it's been documented that the LB's are allowed a certain amount of decsion making freedom in Fangio's sytem, I would be curious as to how well this approach meshes with Morris's philosophy..

Not looking to create a Morris bashing thread. But found this quote both interesting and curious.

Nope, won't bash Morris. Maybe the scheme though. lol

I would guess the concepts are similar in structure but are run a bit differently including any in game adjustments and game by game game game plans.

Fangio has the scheme named after him. That says a LOT. Morris is trying run the Fangio scheme the best he can and also adds his own "take" on it.

Morris is being forced to run it without any previous history in it as far as I know. So in his defense, that is asking a lot of a coach to have him run a system he isn't well versed in or has no history with.

Having said that, Morris probably did pretty well with it although having 3 HOF'ers on your D helped him. He will really be tested this year with only one HOF'er and 10 rookies. lol

I'm not an expert by our buddy oldnotdead but I wonder if Fangio would have been our DC would we still have run the ultra soft zone more than any other team in the league like we were last year or would have Fangio run it less?

The bigger issue to me is that McVay is trying to force the Fangio system on Morris. Maybe it would be better to take the leash off Morris and let him run the defense his way?

#FreeMorris

#HelmetHornsMatter

“Well, the color is good, I like the metallic blue,” Youngblood recently said while laughing, via NFL Journal. “The horn is terrible. It looks like a ‘C.’ When I first saw it on the logo I honestly thought it was a Charger logo.

“Now when I see it on the helmet, it just isn’t a ram horn. There is no distinct curl like a mature ram horn. I don’t know how the Rams could get that wrong. That is your symbol and it has been for what? Seventy years or more? Longer than I have been alive? It’s just not us, it’s not the Rams.”---Mr. Ram Jack Youngblood

SubjectAuthorViewsPosted

Quindell Johnson named as UDFA to watch for Rams in 2023…

Rams43537May 03, 2023 06:08AM

My highest rated UDFA.

alyoshamucci194May 03, 2023 06:39AM

Re: Quindell Johnson named as UDFA to watch for Rams in 2023…

SoCalRAMatic135May 03, 2023 02:55PM

Classicalwit74May 04, 2023 03:56AM

Ramstien71May 04, 2023 04:24AM

Well our defensive playbook does seem a bit small...

Ramsdude66May 04, 2023 05:58AM

Interesting quote on Fangio as DC

303073May 04, 2023 06:17AM

Good question 3030

Ramsdude57May 04, 2023 08:03AM

one of the NFL Network analysts had Johnson........

21Dog185May 04, 2023 05:57AM

Path to the Draft had Rams winning the UDFA season

Rampage2K-101May 04, 2023 08:40AM

Very encouraging 2k!

Ramsdude48May 04, 2023 08:45AM