Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

This...

April 30, 2023 10:26AM
" He may not be a big bruiser who tilts the scales at 225+ pounds. But he can run between the tackles, can challenge defenses along the perimeter, and once he gets the football, he has a nasty habit of making defenders tackle the air around him."

You don't need to weigh 225 to be a power back. I have stated in previous posts that Akers and Marshawn Lynch are nearly the exact same dimension - both weigh 215 and at the same weight Akers ain't no Beastmode. Far from it. He doesn't force himself through a wedge, doesn't push the pile forward, doesan't step out of tackles, doesn't get those tough yards

If Evans can do at this level what he did in college, AND if he can stay healthy, I hope Akers' fragile ego will hold up to the competition.

If he pans out in camp and Kyren Williams does well, I wouldn't mind a RB committee of Williams and Evans - and trading Akers for a player who will buy in to the team "we not me" mindset at another [osition.

My uneasy gut feeling is that Akers says that everything'd OK and he is buying in because that's what benefits him - now - but that could change later. Narcissus personalities are like that.

He could have another hissy fit and hurt the team right at the worst time. If he actually did truly get over himself last year I'd be surprised; my past experience with NPD indicates it's only temporary.
SubjectAuthorViewsPosted

Are LA Rams RB’s ready for season after 2023 draft?

Rams43124April 30, 2023 10:03AM

RB Coach Ron Gould

den-the-coach94April 30, 2023 10:10AM

Re: RB Coach Ron Gould

Rampage2K-88April 30, 2023 10:32AM

Re: RB Coach Ron Gould

Rams4358April 30, 2023 10:35AM

This...

mtramfan73April 30, 2023 10:26AM

One other neat thing about our current RB room…

Rams4395April 30, 2023 10:29AM