Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

Bottom line: Snead/McVay had a plan and got the guys they wanted

April 30, 2023 06:45AM
There's no doubt that the brain trust had certain guys in mind, went and got them.
Of course, the issue is....were they right?

A good draft says they'll have done very well if they were right on about a third of them.
I'm no draft guy. But I'm always all-in for guys who do well in college against good competition and have had lots and lots of snaps....they improve.... and they win!
Whether they fit some ideal mold or pattern for their NFL position is secondary to me.

When it comes to QBs, tremendous arms and athleticism are also secondary (to me) but invariably are what the top picks get measured by. There are guys who simply bear down when the whistle blows, play well when everything is on the line, and find a way to win. The bigger the game the better they play. Stetson Bennett does NOT fit the physical mold for an NFL QB that teams want. He has a good arm but not a great arm. He has good athleticism but not great athleticism. He's at least 3 inches too short and 20 lbs too light. What he does have is the ability to set up very quickly and throw very quickly with good accuracy. He's a good leader. He can improvise.

Who knows how he or any drafted rookie will turn out in a couple of years no matter where taken in the draft?
They all have a shot

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 04/30/2023 06:57AM by RockRam.
SubjectAuthorViewsPosted

Bottom line: Snead/McVay had a plan and got the guys they wanted

RockRam167April 30, 2023 06:45AM

Re: Bottom line: Snead/McVay had a plan and got the guys they wanted

21Dog87April 30, 2023 06:56AM