Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

Re: Fair enough..a couple of thoughts

April 29, 2023 07:23AM
Deadpool
I'll do a deep dive review on sunday with everyone in one post so you all can laugh at me in one post.

Avila - They finally addressed the OG spot with an OG. I question if he is a OC. I had a late 2nd to early 3rd grade on him, so it wasn't exactly a reach. He was climbing boards, so if they couldn't trade down, grab your guy. I preferred Tippmann or Schmitz more. I think if you were looking for a straight OG only, Mauch made more sense in the fact that he is an easier mover for a zone blocking scheme. If you wanted a OG/OC for a zone scheme, Tippmann was your guy, if you wanted an OC for a zone scheme then Schmitz was your guy. I will hold judgement on Avila until I hear from the FO on what their plans are for Avila. OG or OC, or OG with a transition to OC. I worry about the fit, love the player.

Right on point!! The player isn't the real issue..It's the fit especially when you consider the current RAMS OL. My take, with the roster holes the RAMS have and the talent on the board @#34 there was a much better value/needs ratio This almost feels like Wow the RAMS woke up in a panic about their OL I know you having been beating the OL drum for years and so have I
I guess I'm smh with Branch & Smith being avaiable

Young - I mocked him in 2.0 in the 3rd round as I recall. I love this pick. He is a junior college transfer that has literally willed himself into one of the top edge rushers in the nation. Super coachable, super athletic, great size. Team leader. He's the total package. He plays early and often. I think the board will love this guy. He was literally the last of my top tier of edge rushers.

Edge was a must, this one I will lean on your evaluation and hope you are spot on The RAMS need this to happen

Turner - He missed my big board as I had him as a 7th round to UDFA. He didn't start on his own team in the ACC...after coming from the FCS. I'm lost, he isn't a NT, he had modest production, and Snead said they wanted DL with position flexibility, he isn't that either. So stop getting cute and just draft an absolute stud in Adebawore. He tested out of the gym, had great production in a tougher conference and is literally the same size. Both 6'-2" both 282-288 lbs...Makes no sense.

I think you said it all. Me it's a blown pick and the RAMS needed it to be starter

One last thing. I think this front office gets too focused on need at times and loses sight of the whole board. My goodness, you have a do it all DB in Branch sitting there, go take him and maneuver around for a OG/OC. Start taking BPA. And it has nothing to do with me being right or wrong, I just want the best players on my team.

I look at the trades and just smh. What a poor draft plan If Young was your target then work the trades and come away with him and say either one of those Tenn WR's. What better use of late round picks or even next year picks Quality over quantity
SubjectAuthorViewsPosted

Quick review of the 3 picks

Deadpool384April 28, 2023 09:56PM

Another draft where the Rams reached with their high picks

dodgerram122April 28, 2023 10:09PM

Re: Another draft where the Rams reached with their high picks

Rampage2K-69April 29, 2023 06:44AM

Re: Another draft where the Rams reached with their high picks

headslapper65April 29, 2023 06:56AM

They didn't reach at all

1st Rounder79April 29, 2023 06:57AM

Re: They didn't reach at all