Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

Re: What about weapons for the offense?

April 28, 2023 06:51PM
I agree - I'd like to see more offense, but having a stud LG (so far in the draft) who can also play center when/if Allen goes down will upgrade Stafford's game immensely. Then we have Shelton and Avila both available at center. And Bruss is as-yet an unknown. All of our skill players will all-of-a-sudden look much better. We'll score points.

IF the Oline can stay somewhat healthy, I'm not worried about the O, although I wanted a full-grown power back who can get tough yardage.

Still a ways to go.

Again I agree with you - there's only one Cooper Kupp - but we have a couple of young receivers already who didn't get much of a chance last year who can learn from him.

Kupp, Skow, and possibly McCutcheon aren't an All-Pro receiving corps, but with Stafford's ability to pick at defenses and with a full training camp under everybody's belt, I think we'll be OK. Van, I think we've seen his upside after a fashion, with O line improvement he'll show better in 2023 than he did last year. Tutu? Well, he's still Tutu. We'll see what he can bring when Stafford has enough time for downfield plays to develop.

Running backs? Akers finished last year well but his ability to stay on the field - and WANT to stay on the field - is in question. Williams is much better in pass pro,sees the field and daylght better than Akers, can catch out of the backfield. Rivers showed what he can do if he gets that first crease - last year's 4-deep injury replacement Oline didn't make many creases for anybody.

It'll be fun to watch this draft play out. Have fun with it, while you continue to recover, resting under the shadow of the heavenly wings that are watching over you. I've talked to the Party in Charge about that. He will never fail you. Rest in Him.

FWIW, I just got home a couple of days ago from an emergency bout of abdominal surgery - small bowel obstruction. Everything came out all right and things are going along smoothly, but I seem to have this craving for prunes...

Be well, R4L, and know that others here care for you and as Red Green says, we're in this together and we're pulling for you.
SubjectAuthorViewsPosted

Nights done. Especially for alyo and Deadpool. How did the Rams do? NM

NewMexicoRam388April 28, 2023 05:38PM

What about weapons for the offense?

Ram4life116April 28, 2023 05:40PM

It's always someone

Ramadune173April 28, 2023 05:42PM

There's always someone what?

Ram4life97April 28, 2023 05:48PM

mtramfan63April 28, 2023 06:51PM

Ram4life52April 28, 2023 07:06PM

Re: Nights done. Especially for alyo and Deadpool. How did the Rams do? NM

alyoshamucci169April 28, 2023 06:03PM

I'm pulling a calf

Deadpool149April 28, 2023 06:53PM

I guess pulling a calf can do that to you

NewMexicoRam71April 28, 2023 07:12PM

Just back from Brazilian food in Montclair, NJ...

Ridgewood Ram71April 28, 2023 07:20PM