Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

Re: A very interesting draft for the Rams,; trading up or down is

April 26, 2023 06:01AM
Player specific in almost every case. If a player is coveted highly by a team and they have a reasonable trade to get him, they make that trade. If a team is faced with a number of players who all rank on their big board as equal they may move back to get an extra pick or two. There are drop off’s on each teams big board based on the team’s needs and how they evaluate the talent of players available. Where those drop off’s coincide with another teams desire for a specific player those trades occur The Rams have so many needs they will be amenable and flexible to trading for more picks. Teams with specific needs will make trades to get that one player to put them over the top, the best deals are made with them as far as trade value. The Rams have many needs in many areas on their roster, they can and will move around in this draft. That gives them an advantage to maximize value in their trades. That might be for a specific player who fits a need, but it might at some level just be all things otherwise equal tor volume. I believe they will try to accumulate as many late round picks and specifically seventh rounders as possible because they will have so many needs. Seventh round picks come cheaper and guarantee a team gets a player who if not drafted could sign with someone else. So many holes to fill so few rounds to draft! Every player drafted late or signed after the draft who makes the grade gives a team tremendous value because their salary is so low. The Rams having lots of cap space in the coming years which will allow them the ability to sign good free agents to fill holes on the roster. Here is to building a solid foundation and looking forward to a bright 2024!
SubjectAuthorViewsPosted

Does a shallow top-tier draft help or hurt the Rams?

Rams43127April 25, 2023 03:48PM

salient points. Not a seller's market . . . perhaps

JimYoungblood5385April 25, 2023 03:54PM

hammer62April 26, 2023 06:01AM

Ramstien54April 26, 2023 06:50AM

I think I can virtually guarantee that Snead will trade both up and down in this draft…

Rams4357April 26, 2023 06:57AM