Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

Twitter debate on draft RBs high

April 20, 2023 02:01PM
Honest NFL
@TheHonestNFL
There are some really compelling points made about the Eagles drafting Robinson in the 1st, and he's absolutely fantastic. But I'll be ice skating in Hell when that happens. Not when they're about to pay a QB big bucks. They need that contract value where it matters most.
6:01 PM · Mar 8, 2023

Honest NFL
@TheHonestNFL
·
Mar 8
They're not going to draft a player in the 1st who will be part of a rotation at a position that's massively reliant on everyone else doing their jobs to justify that investment. They believe they can carve out yards with those 2nd- and 3rd-tier runners, and they're right.
Honest NFL
@TheHonestNFL

·
Mar 8
They have a QB who makes that job 10x easier for their RBs. It makes no sense whatsoever to buy a Porsche to drive to McDonald's once a week.
Justin David
@JTuc9
·
1h
I know you are right and I also know your opinion is informed by hands on experience with Howie and others in the org. I would be a horrible GM because I probably would say @#$%& it and take him, but that’s why I’m on Twitter.
Honest NFL
@TheHonestNFL
·
1h
Don’t sell yourself short. You would’ve gotten an incredibly in-depth presentation and used the hundreds of thousands of dollars spent on research into positional value to figure out that there are a few other ways to maximize offensive production at a fraction of the cost.
Honest NFL
@TheHonestNFL
·
1h
Im starting to regret all this debate because it seems like I’m anti-Robinson. It’s not about the player. It’s about production value for the assets invested. Of course he’d be awesome, but so can cheaper investments. I’d take him on my team any day if it was even in the late 1st

Justin David
@JTuc9
·
1h
I’ve had to do a lot of mental gymnastics to sell myself that Bijan is basically a better running Deebo Samuel. So I have converted him into an X receiver that can run occasionally,

Honest NFL
@TheHonestNFL
·
Mar 8
They're not going to draft a player in the 1st who will be part of a rotation at a position that's massively reliant on everyone else doing their jobs to justify that investment. They believe they can carve out yards with those 2nd- and 3rd-tier runners, and they're right.
Honest NFL
@TheHonestNFL
·
Mar 8
They have a QB who makes that job 10x easier for their RBs. It makes no sense whatsoever to buy a Porsche to drive to McDonald's once a week.
Justin David

@JTuc9
·
1h
I know you are right and I also know your opinion is informed by hands on experience with Howie and others in the org. I would be a horrible GM because I probably would say @#$%& it and take him, but that’s why I’m on Twitter.
Honest NFL
@TheHonestNFL
·
1h
Don’t sell yourself short. You would’ve gotten an incredibly in-depth presentation and used the hundreds of thousands of dollars spent on research into positional value to figure out that there are a few other ways to maximize offensive production at a fraction of the cost.

Show replies
Sham
@ShamHR8
·
Mar 8
What do you think about Gibbs at 30. You aren't wrong about contract value but Gibbs is such a good receiver you could theoretically line him up in the slot. I think they would be a little intrigued about that possibility.
Honest NFL
@TheHonestNFL
·
Mar 8
He sure can do that, but that's just not how they use the position. They would've done that with Gainwell way more often if they wanted that possibility to be a weapon. He lines up outside enough, but I can't see that winning them over on drafting someone in the 1st.

Pop
@PopFlak
·
Mar 8
I just don’t understand this logic at all. Running backs are often 1 contract players.. if drafted in the first he has an additional year. Plus this team really relies on Hurts rushing ability too much at the value of his next contract. Bijan can pass protect too unlike Gainwell
Honest NFL
@TheHonestNFL
·
Mar 9
So what? It's literally the least-efficient investment you can possibly make in an NFL team. That 5th year option is exactly why you shouldn't do it. Get 5 years of control on a position that's actually crucial to team-building that'll save you as your paying your QB.

Show replies
Andrew
@draft32teams
·
Mar 8
A huge part of what makes Bijan so special is his receiving prowess. They can’t really take advantage of that fully with 3 elite pass-catchers, KG, and a running QB.
Honest NFL
@TheHonestNFL
·
Mar 8
Half of the RB routes they run are delayed checkdowns. That'd be a true shame to see someone that talented relegated to a glorified seatbelt for the QB.

Show replies
Paulie Paragraphs
@PaulieIV85
·
Mar 8
I usually agree with BPA. In the Eagles position right now, cant do it with an RB. Different situation, id be all over Bijan
Honest NFL
@TheHonestNFL
·
Mar 8
"BPA" is such a misnomer. When they say that, they're not talking about which player may be most talented. It means the best player graded with the process they have in place, and they factor position into their boarding process.

Show replies
JB19
@JTBoz19
·
Mar 8
Rank the positions by value? Starts with QB; then protect the passer, Rush the passer. After that, CB? FS? I see them going DL/CB or vise versa
Honest NFL
@TheHonestNFL
·
Mar 8
WR, CB, iOL, TE, Safety, LB, RB.

Edited 2 time(s). Last edit at 04/20/2023 02:34PM by JimYoungblood53.
SubjectAuthorViewsPosted

Twitter debate on draft RBs high

JimYoungblood53179April 20, 2023 02:01PM

I do think Eagles take Bijan

ferragamo7965April 20, 2023 03:48PM

I don't know, but if had to guess - they may go Devon Witherspoon

JimYoungblood5347April 20, 2023 03:58PM

Robinson is excellent but yeah I wouldn't take him up high

merlin69April 20, 2023 07:19PM

Re: Robinson is excellent but yeah I wouldn't take him up high

SoCalRAMatic54April 20, 2023 08:00PM

Do you think McVay would choose Robinson?

merlin60April 20, 2023 08:54PM

Re: Twitter debate on draft RBs high

alyoshamucci73April 21, 2023 05:28AM