Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

Wow We need lots of everything: UDFA Destination

April 11, 2023 04:38AM
At first glance it seems alarming to see all the holes for depth on this team.

Offensive Line depth is a little misleading at tackle when you see that Noteboom doesn't have a backup but in reality Jackson is the backup and may end up being the starter.

Guard Depth is better than it seems a Coleman is listed as Backup Center but may end up starting at Guard or is at least a depth af tackle. Bruss is probably also a backup tackle in a pinch. Overall OL not a thin as it looks

WR depth looks okay providing Robinson stays. If he goes Jefferson becomes a starter which still isn't all that bad.

QB need a backup but will probably go with a minimum salary type.

RB Probably add later in draft

DL. Lots of names but other AD non are really all that proven.

Edge really stands out as huge need as all are unproven and only Hoecht has any real production and he is new to the position as of the latter part of last season.

ILB: Love Jones but Rozenboom seems like he has been around forever and always in danger of being cut. Hummel did who a lot in preseason. Also the 2nd ILB may not be on the field that much and that may be a good thing.

SAF: Fuller consistently gets hurt but is okay when healthy. Yeast??? Show some promise but really an unknown and seemed to make so bonehead mistakes, Lake still a huge ?. Seems like we need help here

CB: This ought to scare the crap out of us all. Durant who was hurt seems ok in coverage but forget the run. Kendricks was burnt toast often out of position without the speed to recover and who knows what happened to Rochell? Hopefully it was bad coaching and he can be developed as he has all the natural talent and size. At least he didn't get hurt but was in bubble wrap except for Special Teams

Special Team: We don't have a Kicker, Punter or Long Snapper. We will be shopping the bargain bins to fill these roles.

I think we are close to having enough cap space to sign our draft picks. That won't be enough to fill all the holes on this roster. Good year to keep an eye on lower part of Aly & Dead's draft board because I think we it will be a big year for UDFA's. At least we ought to look pretty good to the high end of the UDFA as we are great at developing talent and will have plenty of opportunities for them to make the team or practice squad.

I hope McVay has brought on coaches that are great teachers because it looks like we will be filled with young talent that will need to be developed. Offense is healthy seems like it should be able to compete. Defense on the edge and defensive backfield will be counting in young unproven vets plus draft picks and UDFA. Gonna really need to get lucky here if we are going to make a run at the playoffs. Kicker/Punter/Long Snapper??? Sometimes you get lucky like we did with Gay who was cut or an UDFA like Hekker so there is hope.

I trust in McVay & Snead but think we might need some divine intervention. Well we know God loves sheep so I think that he is probably a Ram fan. I start praying for the miracle right now cause we are going to need one. Since he is God I will start by asking for a Superbowl. That shouldn't be a piece of cake for him.
SubjectAuthorViewsPosted

Ourlads' Rams depth chart looks up to date

Rams Junkie239April 10, 2023 09:03PM

Re: Ourlads' Rams depth chart looks up to date

SoCalRAMatic78April 11, 2023 01:24AM

Ramstien54April 11, 2023 03:23AM

initial reactions

LMU9390April 11, 2023 03:49AM

Re: initial reactions

Ramstien59April 11, 2023 03:52AM