Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

D@mn those uni's look good!

April 09, 2023 04:45AM
"In week 1 of the 1981 NFL season, the Houston Oilers played the Los Angeles Rams at Anaheim Stadium. NBC wanted to show the game locally in Los Angeles; however, the game was not sold out, so that wouldn't be possible just yet. And that's when NBC hatched up, quite possibly, the stupidest idea ever, as if they had no idea what they were doing"

Thanks for posting this Gator! It brings back some wonderful memories of times when our Rams still had the BEST uni's in the game and guess what??? The "kiddies" liked them too! thumbs up smiley

Never understood why they felt the need to take the sleeves off the jersey. It sure wasn't for "cosmetic" reasons because the jersey's today look more like tank tops! Now we are stuck with only over the shoulder stitching like stripes and broken banana's and stuff! rolled eyes smiley

Did removing the sleeve really give anyone an advantage?

#HelmetHornsMatter

“Well, the color is good, I like the metallic blue,” Youngblood recently said while laughing, via NFL Journal. “The horn is terrible. It looks like a ‘C.’ When I first saw it on the logo I honestly thought it was a Charger logo.

“Now when I see it on the helmet, it just isn’t a ram horn. There is no distinct curl like a mature ram horn. I don’t know how the Rams could get that wrong. That is your symbol and it has been for what? Seventy years or more? Longer than I have been alive? It’s just not us, it’s not the Rams.”---Mr. Ram Jack Youngblood

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 04/09/2023 04:46AM by Ramsdude.
SubjectAuthorViewsPosted

Oilers / Rams 1981 Broadcast. Never heard this story before....

Ramgator240April 09, 2023 04:04AM

I remember the game was shown here in Jacksonville......I recall two things..

Ramgator144April 09, 2023 04:07AM

D@mn those uni's look good!

Ramsdude64April 09, 2023 04:45AM

Just watched that game.....

Arkansas Ram82April 09, 2023 04:57AM

John Robinson Really Stabilized the Franchise

den-the-coach122April 09, 2023 05:26AM