Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

McVay needs to re-invent or rebrand himself

March 20, 2023 06:53AM
Lets get away from the past. Boy genius? I never subscribed to that and besides, he needs to grow up and just be the best he can when it is required.
You do not have to be the smartest guy in the room. You do not have to feel like need to prove that narrative to the world. I think he talks too much and tries to do just that. You just need to know who the smart folks are and to surround yourself with smarter people.

What I do believe is that McVay is one of the great leaders of men in the game of football and if he is willing to be that guy and put the goal ahead of the ego he can rebuild this team and elevate even lesser talent. He has become the youngest HC to win a Superbowl and his comp as a leader of men to me is Mike Tomlin who held that record and btw also has 2 Superbowl appearances. Both are brilliant leaders and I believe great men in the NFL but only 1 has a sustained long term career. 1 was ready to walk away in consecutive years. Stability is critical and identity is critical. This is where McVay has plenty of work to do.

When McVay came in he was playing with house money. His only object was to help the team we were crafting before he arrived reach its full potential with the talent we had on paper and adding key talent we needed. He was masterful doing it and he surrounded himself with good people.

I think his ego got stroked and he was overly embraced by the media and he began to think it was all about him. Same with Snead. They did not build the team like Jeff Fisher had them building and instead they have been great riding the wave but now they need to get back to work and get serious and start building again. Now it is time for them to look inside and start preparing to do the hard work they have avoided and rebuild a sustainable model and start vying for stability and consistency of product and culture. Pittsburgh has the coach and the culture and they have yet to have a losing season with Tomlin.

McVay's legacy will not be able to boast that record but new records are there for the taking if he is willing to reinvent himself and commit to being the absolutely best he can be because that is what we need.

Los Angeles Rams

Rap on.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 03/20/2023 07:03AM by BumRap.
SubjectAuthorViewsPosted

McVay needs to re-invent or rebrand himself

BumRap89March 20, 2023 06:53AM