Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

Morris's job just got a little harder! Why aren't we helping him more?

March 12, 2023 10:28AM
I am surprised that we are letting Ramsey and Wags go. This isn't going to help Morris and our D. I kinda think Morris is getting a bad deal here. Is he being set up for failure? We sure aren't helping him any, are we? At least not yet. We aren't making his job any easier.

I sure hope we bring in some talent for him to replenish some of what we lost. IMO, we might be asking a lot from our DC (or any DC) to be able to overcome the loss of 2 HOF'ers.

Without Ramsey as his "Star" and a HOF LB his job just got a lot harder. We will see what he can do with lesser talent now.

Was his "success" more due to having 3 HOF'ers on his unit and not him?

I guess we'll see soon enough but if the D struggles I can already hear the excuse that he doesn't have enough "talent". rolled eyes smiley

IMO, a "mediocre" or "MID" DC like Morris needs all the help they can get. He already showed that he didn't have any answers to a "lack of talent" on the back end by running the Charmin Shell 95% of the time...and that was WITH 3 HOF'ers on his unit.

What will he come up with now??? 10-15 yard cushions while only rushing 2 and dropping 9 into coverage? lol

Is it possible to be any softer than we already were??? What is softer than "Ultra" soft? lol3

Questions I have are...

Why are we losing so much talent on an already supposedly limited talent filled unit?
Shouldn't we be "adding" to the D, not taking away our best players?
How will Morris counter the lack of talent?
Will he be able to "coach up" the lesser talent?
Will we be drafting any talent to help Morris?
Will we bring any FA's to help Morris?
Will we focus on loading the offense with enough talent to compensate this?
Will our offense be able to make up for our D giving up more points like they most likely will do?

If Morris can't produce a good D now without the talent he had it might be the final nail in his coffin when it comes to him being a HC again.

He will really need to "exceed" expectations if he ever wants to get promoted again. If he does do that, I could see some other team taking notice and giving him a shot. If he can field a top 15 unit again this year he will DESERVE the chance! beer cheer smiley

This is a big opportunity for Morris to show what he got to the world and the rest of the NFL. thumbs up smiley

I don't know about anyone else but I am just going to "Enjoy the Go"! peace smiley

#HelmetHornsMatter

“Well, the color is good, I like the metallic blue,” Youngblood recently said while laughing, via NFL Journal. “The horn is terrible. It looks like a ‘C.’ When I first saw it on the logo I honestly thought it was a Charger logo.

“Now when I see it on the helmet, it just isn’t a ram horn. There is no distinct curl like a mature ram horn. I don’t know how the Rams could get that wrong. That is your symbol and it has been for what? Seventy years or more? Longer than I have been alive? It’s just not us, it’s not the Rams.”---Mr. Ram Jack Youngblood

SubjectAuthorViewsPosted

Morris's job just got a little harder! Why aren't we helping him more?

Ramsdude120March 12, 2023 10:28AM

Sean Mcvay is telling Morris what Sean Payton told Greg Williams

Ram_Ruler60March 12, 2023 10:29AM

Re: Sean Mcvay is telling Morris what Sean Payton told Greg Williams

ramBRO57March 12, 2023 10:35AM

Re: Sean Mcvay is telling Morris what Sean Payton told Greg Williams

dodgerram46March 12, 2023 10:37AM

Yeah as soon as Donald is lighter on the books

Ram_Ruler55March 12, 2023 10:38AM

Agreed RR

Ramsdude48March 12, 2023 11:00AM

I wonder