Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

Blinkscout Combine analysis ... Safety.

March 10, 2023 03:15PM
This is frustrating because it has shown itself to be a bit of a need... and I am not sure any of my targets will last until the 5th when I'd want to try to find a quick study.

There is a good deal of talent and not everyone will get drafted in the top 150 so I still have some hope, but I'm a little frustrated and hoping we can at least bring Scott back and let Lake take Rapp's spot while we prep another youngster/special teamer.

Jordan Battle, Alabama I liked his drills. His game tape is decent, and ultimately this will come down to intelligence ...

Sydney Brown, Illinois I'm glad he separated himself athletically because I need to figure who to target. He had a great day, and while he had problems catching during the drills, he did fine in the gauntlet. Also he had 6 INTs last year. Figure day 2 early to mid.

Ji’Ayir Brown, Penn State Has been listed top 50 but ran a slow 40. I'm hoping it sends him freefalling (especially since he had the fastest gauntlet at 19.2 mph). Love his tape. He's a round 3 guy for me. I don't want to draft him there, but I thin he's that level of intelligence and talent.

Chamarri Conner, Virginia Tech Talking about him day 2 as well ... he had great drills and tested pretty well. Another guy I hope slides.

Trey Dean III, Florida Slow 40. 4.75 slow. A little off balance in drills, unsure. He could fall off the board.

DeMarcco Hellams, Alabama He and Battle are similar, Hellams was more active but is listed as of now with a lower grade.

Ronnie Hickman, Ohio State No workout. Found out he's ex lacrosse which moves him up for me. I love lacrosse. He could wind up being the first true safety off the board (Branch ran with the CBs)

Brandon Hill, Pitt Love his tape, then he came and blew up the workouts. My guess is round 2 now.

Jordan Howden, Minnesota I am in a bit of confusion here. He doesn't flash too much on tape but there are great LBs playing in front of him so not much gets past them. This could be a hidden gem. Ran well (4.49)

Antonio Johnson, Texas A&M Probably does end up being ahead of Hickman ... 4.54 with a 37.5 vert ... powerful tackler ... drilled really smooth.

Anthony Johnson Jr., Iowa State I liked his drills ... moved easily ... I don't remember much of his tape, Iowa state lost 2 LBs and had a kinda rough year. 4.54 40 37.5 vert ... good enough for special teams.

Tyreque Jones, Boise State Likely my least favorite of the group. Drills were herky jerky ...

Brandon Joseph, Notre Dame I'm going to say "Glad he ran slow" a few times, this is one. 4.62 but with great short shuttle and 3 cone (7.03) ... likely my target now in the 5th (might have to trade up...) Drills were super smooth and hands solid. Notre Dame coaches smart defense.

Jartavius Martin, Illinois Jumped out of the building, and as the third NFL DGB prospect still had an easy time gathering attention with his tape. Given his crazy #s he'll likely be overdrafted in the 3rd round ... but it may be worth it as he's consistently improving. 44 vert .. 1.47 split ... 15 reps. Not the softest hands but he can really move.

Kaevon Merriweather, Iowa I think he's a special teamer ... I like Iowa DBs so if they're not on my radar they likely deserve to be off. I had Gervase higher than him I believe.

Gervarrius Owens, Houston This is an interesting one. Didn't run the 40 for whatever reason ... but had a 37.5 vert and 15 reps ... so he's not slow. I thought his drills were solid and he could go late late, like 7th.

Jammie Robinson, Florida State I don't quite know what to do with him. He is really a slot. Likes being close to the LOS and will pop you. But I don't know how I feel about him in coverage. He can put up 23 reps but he isn't smooth. Maybe he is what we want to replace Rapp. I don't know.

Daniel Scott, Cal I WISH he hadn't ran so fast. Drills were great, too. I was hoping he'd go unnoticed and pedestrian but a 4.45 will get noticed. So he likely pulls himself into day 2 or very early day 3.

JL Skinner, Boise State Didn't workout. Athlete in the Kam Chancellor mold at 6-4 220. I have him as a 3rd or fourth, not real high on his tape. But he's also not my kind of safety.

Christopher Smith, Georgia Team leader, as a plus. I liked him better watching him play during the year and less so at the senior bowl ... when he was more "on his own." I'm glad he didn't run well because I trust his instincts ... low burst numbers but a decent tackler ... I think grabbing him in the 6th or 7th is where we shoot.

Jason Taylor II, Oklahoma State Had a much better workout than I expected. I didn't expect soft hands, or a 43 inch vert ... I liked his play and thought he was a little stiff, which I still think ... but he can play special teams for a couple years with those numbers.

Rashad Torrence II, Florida Another 4.7. Pull it together Florida. The LBs are faster. Again ... it's a solid group, and I don't know how you can have special teams value at that speed and how you get drafted or have a chance at sticking if you don't play teams.

CB is next ... I know we need players there too, so I'll be super focused.

Questions and comments welcome.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 03/10/2023 03:23PM by alyoshamucci.
SubjectAuthorViewsPosted

Blinkscout Combine analysis ... Safety.

alyoshamucci291March 10, 2023 03:15PM

Re: Blinkscout Combine analysis ... Safety.

LMU93116March 11, 2023 07:25AM

leafnose72March 12, 2023 08:45AM

Deadpool101March 12, 2023 06:51PM

Safety RAS score

Rams Junkie45April 18, 2023 10:57AM

Re: Safety RAS score

alyoshamucci39April 18, 2023 11:31AM