Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

A couple of Ramsey trade rumors shared by Oldnotdead…

February 27, 2023 07:48AM
Here’s Oldnotdead…

One I believe because I've heard it via a credible source, and its very obvious is Detroit. They have two first and second round picks, #18 and #56 make sense. Their need is obvious. With Ramsey played properly they could be a very credible playoff contender. Ramsey has at least 4 maybe 5 years left in him. Play him at CB for 2 maybe 3 years than move him to safety. His ability to read plays and jump routes in the short and medium zones would make him deadly.

Detroit also has the cap space with over $23M. Ramsey is a difference maker in Detroit's aggressive defense. So yeah I believe it. Ramsey would need to sign a team friendly contract that meets their needs in terms of cap while giving Ramsey the money he wants. Trading Ramsey if the trading team takes his entire contract immediately makes the Rams $6-$7M over the cap with a first and two second round picks. Restructurning Flyods contract would give them room to make a play for Ngakoue.

The other rumor I heard is Carolina with a straight player swap between Burns and Ramsey but both will need to sign new contracts. Carolina is $4+M over the cap. Trading Burns puts them about $12M over the cap so a restructured contract with Ramsey would need to be worked out by the Panthers. On the other hand, the Rams would need to work out a long term deal with Burns. The Rams would gain about $9M in cap if the Panthers take the entire Ramsey contract. IMO this could account for the prolonged talk as there are a whole lot of moving pieces in this trade.

IMO if this is all true the Detroit deal would make more sense. If they can't get Ngakoue they can get a very good rookie edge at 18 in the draft. With 2 second and 1 third round pick they could fill a lot of positions long term, i.e interior DL, CB, OL. Losing Ramsey hurts but as long as they have Morris as DC who squanders talent like Ramsey and Donald. Both make plays inspite of Morris not because of him.
SubjectAuthorViewsPosted

A couple of Ramsey trade rumors shared by Oldnotdead…

Rams43279February 27, 2023 07:48AM

When challenged on his ‘credible source’, Oldnotdead said this…

Rams43125February 27, 2023 10:30AM