Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

First Draft Simulations

February 18, 2023 11:33AM
Thought I would do a run through of some of the Draft Sim's that are out there. Normally I prefer the Draft Networks Sim but theirs does not seem to be up and running yet. I am not a big fan of PFF's, way too easy to make trades and they very rarely get turned down, you can easily end up with 20 picks. I ran through 3 sim's, PFF, NFL Mock Draft Database and Pro Football Network. I wasn't planning to make many trade backs as I want as high picks as possible but as you will see, it didn't work out that way.

Looking at team needs as they stand (I'm basing the picks on current needs rather than trying to guess what free agency players we will take in), I assuming the majority of free agents are let go, I want to keep Gay and would love to keep Gaines but not sure we will be able to. Keep Powell, Copeland, Hoecht probably Orzech and maybe Rozeboom, other than that everyone else is gone (maybe Keep Dixon on a min contract). Don't think we release or trade anyone big, probably have to restructure Kupp and others to get some cap relief. If we can bring in a vet, I would prefer to put everything into getting the best Edge we can. I don't think we will get a top rookie where we are but we could get a top Guard or Centre. So targets are:

IOL
Edge (if one of the top guys fall, then I would have to take them above IOL due to positional value)
CB (Rochell hasn't made his mark yet, maybe new staff can get him going but the rookies had more game time and that is not saying much. Hill and Long will be gone and Durrant and Kendricks didn't shine, hopefully they can take a step but we need to strengthen)
TE (Don't think we will release Higgs, I would like to see Hop get some solid game time but the fact that he didn't is a worry)
RB (keep drafting RBs to feed the conveyor belt)
IDL ( loosing 2 big contributors, BB should be a decent replacement and Williams and Murchison showed glimpses but again we need more)
Safety (Rapp and Scott go leaving Fuller Lake and Yeast, lots of question marks)
OT (to compete with the backups)
QB (if a backup falls to us)
That is a lot of needs (I'm worried)

PFF
Traded 36 to Titans for 41 and 6th, the top edge rushers were gone but Schmitz, Mauch and Torrence were all there so it made sense
John Michael Schmitz - JMS was the obvious pick, unfortunately I think he will be gone in reality.
Isaiah Foskey - even if we bring in a free agent we need depth and Foskey was the best available
Traded 136 for 142 and 190
Julius Brents - not my first choice but he is long and physical
traded 172 and 225 to Raiders for 174 and 214
Trey Dean III - I like him, think he could be a starter for us straight away
Will Mallory - best TE available
Kenny McIntosh - Big target for me
Ricky Stromberg - Would have preferred a Guard but didn't like any that were left, Stromberg could compete for a back up spot
Cameron Brown - BPA struggling for options at this point
Jake Bobo - Intriguing WR 6'5" could be interesting with Jacob Harris not showing as I hoped
SirVocea Dennis - Again just BPA, could take Rozeboom spot
Nick Salvideri - Good size, potential development project could challenge Accuri
Daniel Scott - adds to the safety room
Max Duggan - again nice project but probably need a Vet QB2

Not very happy with the PFF draft after the McIntosh pick, things didn't fall.

Mock Draft Database

I wont detail the trades, you can see them in the attachment

John Michael Schmitz - again, the top edge rushers were gone so JMS was an obvious pick
Kyu Blu Kelly - Could be an instant starter for us
Tanner McKee - Back to Back Cardinals, McKee has the potential to be our starter after Stafford hangs it up
Kenny McIntosh - Height, Weight, Speed and a pass catcher
Colby Wooden - Love this pick at 136
Andrei Iosivas - WR is not a high need but this guy could be special
Trey Dean III - see PFF pick
Baldonaldo - I was getting desperate for a rusher, nobody would fall so I took the best available, not excited by the pick
Alex Austin - BPA, could challenge RR and DK for a spot though RR has big teams upside
Nick Salvideri - see PFF pick
Zack Kuntz - not one of the top TE but he was the best one left and at 6'8" he could develop into a monster
Thomas Incoom - just wanted another Edge rusher
PJ Mustipher - Run Defender with a great motor
Aubrey Miller - BPA

Much happier with this draft, 4 starters straight away and McKee as a good QB2

Pro Football Network

Again, I wont detail the trades

Lucas Van Ness - I love this pick, didn't even look who else was available, this would be a dream pick
Kyu Blu Kelly - Could be an instant starter for us
Kenny McIntosh - could challenge Cam in 23
Nick Broeker - problem with picking Van Ness is that the IOL guys are gone Broeker is one of the top guys but he could replace Edwards at RG
Will Mallory - best TE left on the board
PJ Mustipher - Run Defender with a great motor
Andrei Iosivas - WR is not a high need but this guy could be special, no way he lasts to 189
Antonio Mafi - just wanted more IOL options
Max Duggan - see PFF pick
Cam Jones - BPA
Daniel Scott - bargain at 237, would have taken him ahead of Jones if I had noticed him.

Again, happy with this draft, first 4 picks can be starters and Van Ness could be very good.

What do you think?

SubjectAuthorViewsPosted

First Draft Simulations Attachments

Scottish Ram320February 18, 2023 11:33AM

Nice work

Ram4life78February 18, 2023 11:38AM

Those are solid

alyoshamucci95February 18, 2023 11:48AM

Re: First Draft Simulations

Paco7083February 18, 2023 01:31PM