Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

Report: Former University of Washington coach Jimmy Lake joins Rams staff

February 16, 2023 08:22AM
Link

Posted by Josh Alper on February 16, 2023, 1:02 PM EST

The Rams have reportedly added a former college head coach to Sean McVay’s coaching staff.

Tom Pelissero of NFL Media reports that the Rams have hired former University of Washington coach Jimmy Lake. Lake’s title is unclear, but he has a history of working with defensive backs and last year’s defensive backs coach Jonathan Cooley left to take a job with the Panthers.

Lake spent six years on Washington’s staff before being named head coach following Chris Petersen’s departure at the end of the 2019 season. Lake went 7-6 before being suspended for shoving a player on the sideline during a November 2021 game. He was fired a short time later.

Lake worked at Boise State before going to Washington and had stints as a defensive backs coach with the Lions and Buccaneers earlier in his career.

#HelmetHornsMatter

“Well, the color is good, I like the metallic blue,” Youngblood recently said while laughing, via NFL Journal. “The horn is terrible. It looks like a ‘C.’ When I first saw it on the logo I honestly thought it was a Charger logo.

“Now when I see it on the helmet, it just isn’t a ram horn. There is no distinct curl like a mature ram horn. I don’t know how the Rams could get that wrong. That is your symbol and it has been for what? Seventy years or more? Longer than I have been alive? It’s just not us, it’s not the Rams.”---Mr. Ram Jack Youngblood

SubjectAuthorViewsPosted

Ramsdude173February 16, 2023 08:22AM