Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

The 'what is a catch' rule grates on me....

February 14, 2023 07:33AM
And when I say 'grates' I mean I hate it. Several rulings in the last few years have proven to me, (obviously it doesn't bother others), that it's ridiculous.... the 'make a football move' IMHO is utter absurdity. Yes, it 'sounds' reasonable... but to me it's anything but.

And ME saying this is perhaps a bit hypocritical. laughing smiley Because being a 'defensive' guy I do not like the trend of making everything favor the offense. But in this one case... a catch is a catch. You have control or you don't... and to me if you have control then 'how long' you have control or what you do after you have control should not matter.

There is always 'judgement' involved with almost any penalty.... and that doesn't bother me. I'm ok with human error. But this rule.. again IMHO... leaves the judgement with such an incredibly huge range of interpretation that's it's ridiculous... and NOT needed... because it's almost ALWAYS possible to determine control... sure, a few exceptions.. big deal.

Geez, I don't rant all that often.... feels kind of good. I think I should do this more often. thumbs up smiley
SubjectAuthorViewsPosted

Smith's non-catch

leafnose307February 14, 2023 06:18AM

Re: Smith's non-catch

alyoshamucci175February 14, 2023 06:40AM

The 'what is a catch' rule grates on me....

JamesJM127February 14, 2023 07:33AM

grates on me....

OzRam56February 14, 2023 08:58AM

Funny, until that last shot, thought it was a catch

JimYoungblood5363February 14, 2023 09:30AM