Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

AvengerRam with 20 random looking ahead thoughts…

February 13, 2023 06:49AM
Here’s AvengerRam…

1. Having no particular allegiance or opposition to either team, I enjoyed that game for its sheer drama.

2. Patrick Mahomes is really a magician. I’m not sure I’ve ever seen a QB with his field vision.

3. Jalen Hurts played his heart out, and will be the leader of successful teams in the next few years.

4. Shouldn’t the debate of whether James Bradberry committed a holding penalty end when James Bradberry says “it was holding”?

5. Of course, not… why let facts get in the way of a good sports debate?

6. The halftime show… meh. Not my thing.

7. Best commercial: The Farmer’s Dog. I’m not crying! You’re crying!

8. Worst commercial: T-Mobile. Sorry, but as nostalgic as it was to see John Travolta performing a song from Grease, and as much as I loved Scrubs, that was in poor taste, given how recently Olivia Newton-John died.

9. It was really noteworthy to me how many rookies contributed to the Chiefs’ win, including several players take on Days 2 and 3.

10. Applying that to the Rams, I want them to focus on guys who are ready to play. No projects, no long-term upside guys. Give me plug-and-play players – regardless of position – who can contribute right away.

11. I’m betting that Sean McVay watched the Chiefs score twice in the Red Zone with a fake motion play that left receivers wide open (I mean, I could have made those throws) and thought “hmmm……”

12. Travis Kelce is a great player but, man… let someone else talk!

13. One of the biggest stories of this game was the Eagles’ inability to get to Mahomes, despite his gimpy ankle and their league-leading pass rush.

14. Yes… that is my way of saying bolster the OL!!!

15. “All-in,” “F them picks,” trade for guys, trade away guys for multiple players/picks… there is no formula for success other than this: always be open to making moves that you believe will enhance your team. Fate favors the bold.

16. So the Rams’ reign as World Champs comes to an end. Are they still in the “window” to challenge again? I think they are.

17. And, because I think they are, I’m expecting the unexpected, so to speak. Don’t tell me the Rams can’t afford this or afford that, or won’t have a shot at one guy or another in the draft, or anything else that suggests a limitation.

18. I’m looking forward to the Combine and the draft. With the Rams obtaining comp picks, there will be opportunities to truly enhance the roster.

19. In the end, while yesterday was a relaxing experience as a fan, I want that tension, those butterflies and that elation that we had last year. I’m greedy that way!

20. Offseason? What offseason?
SubjectAuthorViewsPosted

AvengerRam with 20 random looking ahead thoughts…

Rams43158February 13, 2023 06:49AM

AvengerRam always has makes good points

Ramsdude75February 13, 2023 08:00AM