Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

If Morris gets hired by the Colts

February 06, 2023 02:09PM
Now that Flores is off the table I think I'd look hard at Matt Patricia for DC. Tactically he's steeped in that New England approach of defense and Belicheat has him on the offensive side IMO to help him prepare as a head coach. So now he's the "Senior Advisor" and OL coach meaning he got fired as OC and they're keeping him around with an office in a broom closet.

Which means he should be available for hire as DC. 5 years under Belichick means he knows what he's doing. McVay would be a great spot for him to spread his wings if Morris moves to Indy and especially if he takes Henderson with him.

Henderson, btw, should be in play for DC due to the production of his DL unit. His problem is he's such a good positional coach it sucks to lose him to DC, also in modern NFL times DL coaches are at a disadvantage IMO with the secondary calls so he'd need a good guy on the back end who is up in the skybox. But he should factor into that conversation as well though Patricia actually has tons of experience calling it. Calling it under Belicheat but still.
SubjectAuthorViewsPosted

While Rams are paralyzed, Panthers strike quickly with DC hireā€¦

Rams43401February 05, 2023 07:24PM

If Morris gets hired by the Colts

merlin178February 06, 2023 02:09PM

Bilichick assistants don't seem to do squat outside of NE

NewMexicoRam93February 06, 2023 05:48PM

Re: Bilichick assistants don't seem to do squat outside of NE

stlramz102February 07, 2023 02:13PM

Beat me to it, stlramz...

sstrams112February 07, 2023 02:19PM