Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

Re: So one weekend of games is what makes is so?

January 23, 2023 09:33AM
promomasterj
We were not good running the football last year, especially in the playoffs and superbowl and we won. So... Dallas lost their most explosive runner so I guess part of it is successful teams have running backs who play the whole game? Teams have stay with the run when it's working and/or they have a lead. So the stats at the end of the game bear that out. Most teams don't set out to pass the ball 50 times a game.

I don't like these backwards engineering articles where you take a game result and point out things as if they are set in stone. Where was this writer predicting all this on Friday?

Surprise - turnovers kill you, especially in the playoffs. Until they don't (see Jacksonville). That was an exception, for sure, but turnover differential is not a 'this year' phenomenon. It's been that way since whenever.

Another shocker - you have to protect your passer and get to the other team's passer. Is any team not actively trying to do this?

I believe it’s called denial when one is confronted with Evian’s still tries to rationalize it away.

Rams brain trust had best get back to fundamentals. And it starts with Snead/McVay and trickles down to the waterboys. Literally EVERYTHING should be on the table for consideration this offseason.
SubjectAuthorViewsPosted

What should Rams be noticing from NFL teams this year?

Rams43269January 23, 2023 08:27AM

So one weekend of games is what makes is so?

promomasterj153January 23, 2023 09:13AM

Re: So one weekend of games is what makes is so?

Rams43125January 23, 2023 09:33AM

This is nothing new to the fan base

OzRam85January 23, 2023 09:44AM

Re: This is nothing new to the fan base

Ekern5564January 24, 2023 05:02PM