Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

Falcons interview Vic Fangio in defensive coordinator search

January 18, 2023 08:07AM
Would he want to be an assistant HC too???

Posted by Josh Alper on January 18, 2023, 11:35 AM EST

Former Broncos head coach Vic Fangio had a long run as a defensive coordinator before his time in Denver and he’s been a popular candidate for teams looking for a coordinator this offseason.

Ian Rapoport of NFL Media reports that Fangio is interviewing with the Falcons on Wednesday. The Falcons have an opening at the top of their defensive staff after Dean Pees’ retirement earlier this year.

Fangio also interviewed with the Panthers this month.

The Panthers are still looking for a head coach and have a meeting set with Sean Payton this week. Reports have indicated that Fangio would likely join Payton’s staff as a defensive coordinator, but the Falcons interview suggests that’s not a sure thing. Part of the reason for that may be that Payton could wind up in Denver and a return to the team that fired him last year may not be in the cards for Fangio.

#HelmetHornsMatter

“Well, the color is good, I like the metallic blue,” Youngblood recently said while laughing, via NFL Journal. “The horn is terrible. It looks like a ‘C.’ When I first saw it on the logo I honestly thought it was a Charger logo.

“Now when I see it on the helmet, it just isn’t a ram horn. There is no distinct curl like a mature ram horn. I don’t know how the Rams could get that wrong. That is your symbol and it has been for what? Seventy years or more? Longer than I have been alive? It’s just not us, it’s not the Rams.”---Mr. Ram Jack Youngblood

SubjectAuthorViewsPosted

Ramsdude141January 18, 2023 08:07AM

Morris IS still our DC. What is the written or unwritten rule about interviews?

Ramgator83January 18, 2023 08:59AM