Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

Re: McVay contract likely an insurance for organization (Full PC Post)

January 12, 2023 05:41PM
Based on info coming and based on what we know of McVay he is private but also somewhat of an open book.
Highly motivated
Highly organized and focused.
Goal oriented
Likely had a timeline and a plan.

Now McVay came in with a plan to win with Goff but he did not leave it to Goff alone.
He had a system designed.
He had hand-picked key additions
He had competent staff and key members. Probably received great recommendations (some non negotiable) and critical support.

McVay is brilliant very smart and he succeeded not only with those forced resources (IMO) and some of his own.
He was learning as he went but not lik a blind man in a new home but a man with a plan.
He coveted the greatness and desired more insight and controll

The Superbowl birth in his 2nd Season was potentially ahead of his 5 yr plan. Imagine how this elevated his timeline.
Of course, he put in the work because that is what he knows and how he operates which is at a much higher level. It's how he is built.
But without Gurley and Goff's slower development became a nagging drag on his timeline.
With Whit and AD starting to hint at waning careers, rings for them certainly inspired desperation but with McVay it's hard to see him as desperate, No, only calculating.

McVay did not pull punches. He has a method to his madness. He had it worked out and after his first SB failure (In his eyes) he would not rest until he had a winning plan.

I am certain everyone recalls his conversations with Stan and the organization selling his plan.

Now that takes us to our SB where prior to the game there were hints of McVay signing out and exiting stage left

This is high stakes millions of dollars involved.
You know that Stan, Les and the organization would want to be ahead of this and would have had several discussions over the years and certainly during the all-in truce.

This season was especially hard but this season was also conceivable as far as general outcome. Losing season and only got worse.
I imagine they discussed worse case scenarios.

I imagine that the contract was justifiable but also strategic. Several have focused on the contract signing and McVay's ambiguity with the press about his future to be a slap in the face. I see it as a mutual agreement and brilliant insurance policy in case McVay should want to depart but also re-emerge in a new environment and with a new acceptable challenge. This is win/win and not lose/lose

It shows mutual respect. Rams have had more than a year to plan around this and I am betting they will figure it out no matter what McVay actually decides to do. He was not supposed to return in 2022. He is supposed to exit before his exit is desired and that was his vision all along. IMHO

Los Angeles Rams

Rap on.
SubjectAuthorViewsPosted

McVay contract likely an insurance for organization

BumRap316January 12, 2023 12:19PM

Admins what is the issue preventing phone post?

BumRap84January 12, 2023 04:49PM

Re: Admins what is the issue preventing phone post?

MamaRAMa112January 12, 2023 05:14PM

BumRap95January 12, 2023 05:42PM

Rams43128January 12, 2023 05:14PM

BumRap56January 12, 2023 05:43PM

Re: McVay contract likely an insurance for organization (Full PC Post)

BumRap104January 12, 2023 05:41PM

Great post Bum

Ramsdude63January 13, 2023 05:38AM