Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

Ramgator, sorry for the delayed response... about the Launches...

May 30, 2020 07:07AM
You're one lucky son-of-a-gun to have seen those launches. I envy you. As I said I have never seen a launch.

I've seen one landing... ALTHOUGH... when the Shuttle landed at Edwards it WAS visible from my house while descending, if you have a keen eye.

Which leads me to a repeat of something I posted a long time ago. My uncle used to own Point Sal... Point Sal is located very near Vandenberg Air Force Base where rocket launches in Calif. take place. They were building a launch pad for the Space Shuttle but the Challenger explosion killed the project. I was invited, (actually my uncle was invited but he wasn't interested so he gave me and his son the invite), to tour the launch pad they were building... very interesting.

Had it gone to plan Point Sal would have been 'off limits' during a launch, it being too close to the actual launch site - - so for safety reasons it was supposed to be vacated. Obviously we wouldn't have obeyed. laughing smiley We watched several launches, (unmanned, not the Shuttle), over the years.. quite spectacular.

I can see, (somewhat), launches from my home... even though Vandenberg is far south of me... the rockets leave a trail in the sky that's VERY visible. Every time one goes up TV stations are bombarded with calls from people reporting a UFO. laughing smiley
SubjectAuthorViewsPosted

Ramgator, sorry for the delayed response... about the Launches...

JamesJM88May 30, 2020 07:07AM

Never seen a launch..

sstrams31May 30, 2020 07:20AM

Yeah, I saw that a couple of times...

JamesJM28May 30, 2020 07:29AM

I'll bet that was amazing.. My best one..

sstrams31May 30, 2020 08:12AM

I totally forgot about that!!

Ramgator27May 30, 2020 07:57AM

Not sure about today... as far as launch sites...

JamesJM41May 30, 2020 08:04AM