Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

Yeah, I saw that a couple of times...

May 30, 2020 07:29AM
that was just plain WEIRD.... laughing smiley

One of my favorite 'live' sights took place at the Madera Air Show back when George Bush Sr. was the President... he was visiting Fresno and the Air Show contacted him to see if Air Force 1 would do a flyover for the airshow.... Madera is very close to Fresno.

They kept announcing updates at the air show about the possibility and eventually they got the go ahead... so we waited. All of us at the airshow were expecting a high flyover, at best... but when the announcer told us to look to the south, that Air Force 1 was one the way, we were AMAZED... it was on the deck. By that I mean LOW, VERY low. They patched communication from Air Force One into the Madera Air Show speaker system so George started talking to the crowd when Air Force One was still about 10 miles out.... then he continued to talk to the crowd all through the flyover.

When Air Force One flew over it was so low you could see faces in the windows. The pilot had gear down, slow flight, and the engines were ROARING. It was spectacular.
SubjectAuthorViewsPosted

Ramgator, sorry for the delayed response... about the Launches...

JamesJM88May 30, 2020 07:07AM

Never seen a launch..

sstrams30May 30, 2020 07:20AM

Yeah, I saw that a couple of times...

JamesJM26May 30, 2020 07:29AM

I'll bet that was amazing.. My best one..

sstrams29May 30, 2020 08:12AM

I totally forgot about that!!

Ramgator26May 30, 2020 07:57AM

Not sure about today... as far as launch sites...

JamesJM40May 30, 2020 08:04AM