Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

Not humanly possible...

May 17, 2020 08:36AM
What people can do, create, perform, never ceases to amaze me. In fact, mere 'amazement' is not a strong enough word. There are some talents that seem not of this world. This is one:

I'm sure most if not all of you have seen this 'talent'... this young man is not the only one capable of this. This particular young artist is 17yrs old. If you haven't seen examples of these charcoal drawings then you will need to be told this IS a drawing... not a photo.

I believe the talent to paint, draw, sculpt, amazes the most of all talents... and that's probably because it's the 'talent' I believe I am the furthest from possessing. Not that I have any particular talent. For example... singers I love with all my heart - but I am NOT amazed by that gift, or at least not amazed at nearly the same level that I'm amazed by the above photo. Same with great athletes. There are, however, some savants who may amaze me as much.

And I do not overstate my inability to draw, paint, sculpt.... for example... if I tried to add one single centimeter long line to the above photo it would destroy it. 5 of my grandkids, (out of 7), can draw... NO... no where near the level of the above drawing but still good, and amazing to me. Most of my life I've teased with the line that "I can't even play the game hangman because I can't draw a stick figure"... and that's not far off the truth. If there is a section of your brain that dictates this particular talent, and I'm sure there is, then it is not just malfunctioning in my brain it's completely missing. - JamesJM
SubjectAuthorViewsPosted

Not humanly possible... Attachments

JamesJM320May 17, 2020 08:36AM

If that's a drawing...

sstrams166May 17, 2020 08:38AM

You brought to mind this conversation I once had in my band...

JamesJM152May 17, 2020 09:00AM

Yeah, I get ya..

sstrams241May 17, 2020 09:13AM

wow.....not much else to say nm

21Dog127May 17, 2020 09:46AM

Re: Not humanly possible...

zn138May 17, 2020 07:50PM

MamaRAMa158May 18, 2020 03:55AM

waterfield155May 19, 2020 11:06AM