Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

Saw him in Vegas once....

January 09, 2020 08:27AM
My wife and I and my cousin and his wife.

Danny, my cousin... oh the stories I could tell about him. Probably the most annoying person that has ever lived... and my closest friend. RIP.

Danny was totally immune to vanity. Well known for still wearing the cross applied on Ash Wednesday into the weekend, and beyond. Never once washed his pickup. Backed up once and wasn't paying attention and ripped the driver's side door off his pickup when it his barn entrance.... drove without a door for the next year.

Danny was also the most competitive person that ever lived... in a nice way BUT... he had to win. Was a scratch golfer who carried a 12 handicap. laughing smiley

So Danny and his wife, my wife and I, go to see George Carlin in Vegas... this was in the 70's, and Danny had no idea who Carlin was. I told him not to worry and that Carlin was hilarious and he would laugh his ass off. Danny's reply, "No I won't".... so we bet a dollar. As in ONE dollar.

Carlin began... and he did not disappoint. The audience was in stitches 5 seconds into his comedy routine. And Danny? Mute. Stone faced. There was a dollar to win.

I began to feel sorry for him so half way thru the show I paid him his dollar so he could enjoy the rest of Carlin's performance. BUT... pride. Danny remained mute and stone-faced for the entire show, earning his dollar honestly. laughing smiley
SubjectAuthorViewsPosted

Just watched a bunch of George Carlin clips

ferragamo79278January 08, 2020 07:55PM

One of my fav's was...

sstrams111January 09, 2020 02:52AM

he was brilliant

21Dog118January 09, 2020 06:02AM

Saw him in Vegas once....

JamesJM161January 09, 2020 08:27AM

Back in the early/ mid 80s, he was on SNL and did a hilarious skit...

Ramgator120January 11, 2020 02:00PM

Re: Back in the early/ mid 80s, he was on SNL and did a hilarious skit...

MamaRAMa130January 11, 2020 06:36PM

watched Eddie Murphy Delirious last night

ferragamo7988January 11, 2020 05:29PM