Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

Re: Hey Iowa! US Navy waiver question.

September 09, 2019 07:32AM
Yea , I definitely believe it's a case by case scenario

because it my apply to having some kind of restricted duty placed on him , like hearing loss would probably keep you off the flight deck of a aircraft carrier for example , and their probably alot more strict now then when I was in ,

and the type and cause of hearing loss , if it was something he's always had and hasn't changed as he got older , or is it something that is progressively getting worse

I remember I had to jump through a bunch of hoops for being colored blind

I can see colors just fine , it's just the dumb tests that gave me trouble....................lol

but being Aviation Ordnance , color blind is kind of an important thing.............lol

so I had to take several more specialized tests , but passed , you know , with flying colors...................lol

but technically , I'm still considered color blind , even at work , where I work with painting motorcycles , I have to take extended tests once a year

but yea , I've heard it can take quite a while , but I believe those can be more for anyone with a criminal record or such

the few people I know who tried to get through wavers never did , but theirs had to do with asthma

with hearing loss and the Navy , I'm sure it's pretty standard problem and wouldn't think it should take to long ,

but then I'm sure you're all to familiar with Military and Paper work

just keep nagging your recruiter

SubjectAuthorViewsPosted

Hey Iowa! US Navy waiver question.

Ramgator123September 09, 2019 04:08AM

An electrician?

sstrams70September 09, 2019 04:20AM

LOL Sorry????

Ramgator96September 09, 2019 04:35AM

Re: Hey Iowa! US Navy waiver question.

IowaRam159September 09, 2019 07:32AM