Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

You and I are much the same...

January 31, 2019 08:08AM
since I retired my sleep schedule is wildly erratic.

As for hours per night... I think probably around 6, average, but not necessarily 6 consecutive hours.

Bedtime: Before retiring I seldom was asleep before 1am.... meaning I rarely got over 4 hours of sleep per night. After retiring... no set time. I can go a month, or even more, going to bed at 8pm and then the following month go to bed at 3am.

Waking... I wake up at 5am every morning no matter when I go to sleep... too many years getting up at that time while farming. BUT.. these days when I wake at 5am I may or may not get up. If I don't get up I'll read for an hour our so and then go back to sleep for another 1-2 hours.

Naps... never took naps at all until about 2 years ago. Now I take a nap daily unless I'm away from home OR very busy with business.

I'm like you with 'research' but of a different type... for the most part. Most of my research is using Google Earth and studying geography and cultures... so I explore the world with Google Earth and when something intrigues me I switch to web articles relating to that area of the world. I also do this with 'space'.

I think Jay Leno once said he sleeps only 3 hours per night. And for his entire lifetime he has this habit of springing from bed when his morning alarm goes off, literally, hitting the floor the second his eyes open. - JamesJM
SubjectAuthorViewsPosted

How Much Sleep Do You Get?

MamaRAMa150January 31, 2019 06:55AM

Re: How Much Sleep Do You Get?

73Ram90January 31, 2019 07:44AM

probably about 5 or 6 hours a night

IowaRam69January 31, 2019 08:02AM

You and I are much the same...

JamesJM93January 31, 2019 08:08AM

usually 9.5 hours

ferragamo7989January 31, 2019 08:42AM

I sleep HORRIBLY at the Fire Station!