Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

Google couldn't be more wrong....

January 03, 2019 05:48PM
Any one else use Google Earth? It's my all time favorite computer pastime. Just a short time back Google was partnered with some company called Panoramio... a photo overlay on Google Earth. It was great... you could look at photos of many places on our planet. Steve and I had a discussion about it once on this board.

I don't know what happened... if Google and Panoramio had a falling out, or Panoramio just went broke... but for whatever reason Google Earth stopped integrating with Panoramio and began using their 'own' photo overlay. And so - - - -

And don't take my word for this.... if you use Google Earth test it out for yourself.... the % of misplaced photos is so high that it's hard to believe. I don't know how high but using my experience I wouldn't be at all hesitant to say the errors near, perhaps exceed, 50%. You can find seashores in the Mojave desert.... lush green forests as well. Skyscrapers in farmland, cow pastures stretching for acres in the middle of major cities.

Very, very odd. I miss Panoramio.. which also had errors but NO WHERE NEAR as many. - JamesJM
SubjectAuthorViewsPosted

Google couldn't be more wrong....

JamesJM135January 03, 2019 05:48PM

Haven't tried it in a while..

sstrams119January 04, 2019 04:58AM

tried it just the other day

21Dog88January 06, 2019 06:29AM