Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

Sad, Sad day, (Boats)....

November 14, 2018 04:04PM
Finally got around to taking my boat off the lake today and bringing it home for winter storage. Normally I have it off the lake mid-August... this year my schedule didn't allow it.

So the marina where my slip is is about 1 mile from the dock... so I get on my boat today to pull it around to the dock where my son-in-law waits with the trailer... and.....

it's a gorgeous day. The water is glass.. the sun is bright.. it's actually quite warm. Normally I would get to the buoys and give it full throttle to zip around to the dock.. not today... I left it barely above idle... my son-in-law was in a hurry, I was not... I trump son-in-law's.

I considered calling my son-in-law and telling him I had broken down.. to go home... come back tomorrow... then I would have simply killed the motor, drifted, kicked back, and done.... "nothing", except float on the water.

I was alone... not another boat on the lake. No kids fighting over a tube ride... no wife saying she had to go pee again... no Ram debates or even cell service (cell phones only work by the dock.. NOT at the marina or 90% of the rest of the lake.

I'll be back on the lake in maybe late Feb... perhaps March. Fishing. By April it's usually warm enough to tube, swim. I honestly think I could live on my boat. - JamesJM

SubjectAuthorViewsPosted

Sad, Sad day, (Boats).... Attachments

JamesJM133November 14, 2018 04:04PM

There is no more of a peaceful area..

sstrams106November 14, 2018 05:15PM

Re: Sad, Sad day, (Boats)....

IowaRam79November 14, 2018 06:16PM