Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

I watched Alex & Me....

June 23, 2018 07:48AM
With 6 grandsons and 1 granddaughter the choice of 'what movie' tends to lean super-hero/action movie. Last night was different.

It was my granddaughter and I, no grandsons. I was in my office reviewing possible movies and calling out to my granddaughter in the living room titles of movies to see if any struck her fancy.... "Alex & Me" did it. Know it?

It's about a little girl who wants, more than anything, to be a soccer star. By 'miracle' a USA soccer star comes into to her life to help train her. The soccer star is Alex Morgan, whom you probably know.

Not sure who the actress is that played the little girl but she's good... and darned cute. Alex, on the other hand, won't be getting any oscar nominations.

Anyway, point is: My granddaughter and I had a great time... laughed a lot.

After Alex & Me we found our movie thirst unquenched... but by this time my youngest grandson had emerged from his video gaming cocoon. So our choice was "Curly Sue". My oldest daughter chose it.... and my oldest daughter has seen Curly Sue more times than you have defended Fisher - "Pinky Swear". ( laughing smiley just a little joke )

Turned out to be a good choice... during the scene when all the main characters slug each other in the face he fell off the sofa in laughter convulsions. We had to pause the movie until he recovered - then rewind the scene and play it again after calling grandma into the room... then rewinding and playing it again when we called his Dad into the room... then rewinding and playing it again a dozen more times 'just because'. We didn't continue the movie until my grandson could get thru it by simply laughing hysterically and staying put of the sofa.

Ant Man, huh? (got a little sidetracked there)... I didn't know there WAS an Ant Man...or a Wasp man. Recently my cousin, 60 years old, suggested I watch.... hmmmmm, what was it? Tick Man? Roach Guy? I forget.. TV Show, I think... I thought my cousin was pulling my leg but I looked it up on NetFlix and it was for real. - JamesJM
SubjectAuthorViewsPosted

early reactions in for Ant-Man and the Wasp

zn162June 23, 2018 04:25AM

Can't wait

IowaRam88June 23, 2018 07:28AM

I watched Alex & Me....

JamesJM88June 23, 2018 07:48AM

Behind The Scenes

IowaRam89June 26, 2018 07:47AM

reviews are pretty good so far

zn95June 28, 2018 11:21AM

Most of what I've read