Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

The Men Who Built America: The Innovators (History Channel)

March 14, 2018 03:46AM
There's a new 8-hour miniseries docudrama on the History Channel called The Men Who Built America: The Frontiersmen.

The History Channel website describes the show as "“The Men Who Built America: Frontiersmen” spans a formative period of history featuring the first 75 volatile years of the United States – from the Revolution through the California Gold Rush – where Daniel Boone, Meriwether Lewis and William Clark, John Frémont, Davy Crockett and Andrew Jackson set forth across uncharted land with determination and self-reliance.It's about the men the iconic figures who explored and fought to claim the country's vast wilderness during its early, volatile years, from the American Revolution through the California Gold Rush."

I wasn't aware that there was a History Channel miniseries in 2012 called The Men Who Built America: The Innovators. I totally missed it the first time around. But last week I noticed that 2012 miniseries was being shown again all on one day so I set my DVR up to record it. Frank and I have watched 6 hours of it so far and it is just excellent. The 2012 miniseries focused on Cornelius Vanderbilt, John D Rockefeller, Andrew Carnegie, Henry Ford, and J.P. Morgan and explains how their innovations and business empires revolutionized modern society. The shows are very well done and chocked full of information that I didn't know before watching the show. We're going to finish watching the 2012 miniseries before we start watching the new one which started last week.

If you haven't seen The Men Who Built America, I encourage you to watch it. It's absolutely fascinating and I'm sure you'd probably learn some really interesting stuff. I know I am!

SubjectAuthorViewsPosted

The Men Who Built America: The Innovators (History Channel)

MamaRAMa533March 14, 2018 03:46AM

he Men Who Built America: The Innovators (episodes on YouTube)

MamaRAMa148March 14, 2018 06:56AM

Disabled links

MamaRAMa141March 14, 2018 07:58AM

I saw the..

sstrams145March 14, 2018 12:08PM

Thanks for the heads up

IowaRam181March 14, 2018 03:53PM