November 09, 2017 08:10AM
Further research, (I had my 13yr old granddaughter explain things to me), has given me some answers.

I don't have all the answers, and I'm still VERY confused on the procedures to do specific things... BUT...

Apple Music is a streaming service. Hasn't got a lot to do with your computer/device other than your computer/device serving as the 'radio', if you will. You can download anything, but I haven't gotten that far yet.

Family Sharing is the part that was confusing me the most... I thought I'd be able to share the music I already owned... I can't, not directly anyway. I can send them clickable links to the music which they can then click to stream the music but I don't see the big benefit here... how is that different than sending a text message to someone and saying, "listen to Amarillo By Morning by George Strait? Or for that matter... seeing them in Walmart and telling them?

So that's as far as I got.... not as far as my granddaughter got who explained things so over my head that for a moment I thought Stephen Hawkings was speaking to me. She demonstrated some swipes, clicks, swooshes, swirls on my iPhone using iTunes that accomplished something, ( not sure what ), but she did it at warp speed which made me nauseous so I had to stop watching her demo. - JamesJM
SubjectAuthorViewsPosted

Can anyone explain Apple Music to me?

JamesJM349November 08, 2017 07:41PM

Answering my own question....

JamesJM151November 09, 2017 08:10AM

technology has passed me by

IowaRam166November 09, 2017 05:50PM

You ain't kidding....

sstrams172November 10, 2017 04:21AM