Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

Re: I have debunked this several time

September 04, 2017 06:47PM
My focus was So Cal teams. And like I said there are exceptions (Lakers). One of the most difficult hurdles to accept- that the weather, entertainment, beaches, mountains, girls, etc, etc tend to make an athlete just a little bit softer than he might otherwise be- is that there is absolutely nothing that can be done. So I understand how you feel about this My hope is that notwithstanding this phenomenon my teams will occasionally break through and overcome but IMO the phenomenon is real. remember I said "just a little bit softer". I believe when the pressure is on the athlete who is "just a little bit softer" has a disadvantage to another player with the same talent. So any So Cal professional sport's team will always -IMO-be going upstream. Can they overcome. Yes-and they have in the past.

BTW: when I say "a little bit softer" I don't mean anything negative about a player. What I mean is that after a tough late inning one run loss it is just a little bit easier to go home in So Cal (for the reasons above) than any other city or town in the country. And over the long run this "little bit easier" takes its toll. That's all I mean.

Edited 2 time(s). Last edit at 09/04/2017 07:25PM by waterfield.
SubjectAuthorViewsPosted

Am I the only Dodger fan...

sacram356September 02, 2017 07:04PM

Re: Am I the only Dodger fan...

waterfield156September 02, 2017 10:03PM

I have debunked this several time

ferragamo79171September 04, 2017 04:24PM

Re: I have debunked this several time

waterfield152September 04, 2017 06:47PM

his first game aside........

21Dog155September 03, 2017 09:33AM