Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

My first Jewish Wedding....

June 18, 2017 11:06PM
I was impressed. I was really hoping that glass breaking thing was for real and not just a movie thing. laughing smiley

some people, not sure who, exactly, but obviously the Bride's side of the family, (I was 'groom' side), came in from Israel. One was a very elderly lady... and OHHH MAN was she 'styling'. I instantly had flashbacks to the 50's and all my elderly aunts, cousins... not Jewish but the attire was identical. Similarities other than the attire were few, however... my aunts, cousins, would have been complaining about the type of cake, clothing worn, attitude of the young, middle aged, and elderly men.

Music was not at all 'different' than my Italian heritage. First few songs, (Bride and Groom dance, Bride and Dad dance, Groom and Mom dance) all Frank Sinatra. They have good taste.

My very first, in my entire life, 'formal' utterance of the phrase: "Mazal Tov".. it was GREAT. Perhaps I was a bit overly exuberant... but what the hell?

the 'couple', it needs to be said so as to set the 'stage'... both just passed the bar and are Lawyers, (am I using the right words here?).. and at my table was a Federal Judge, a State Judge, and two 'actors'.. not sure how they got seated with us intellectuals. Law never came up in conversation, however. I remember talking about 60's music, cattle drives, and boobs. (both judges were female). Not sure how boobs came up but then, they usually do.

Wedding location was at a fancy-schmancy golf course, private.. very nice. And I'm not sure but I think I once went Dove hunting at the location in the 60's... could have bought the land for maybe $150 an acre then... today it's worth.... Paraguay. (San Ramon, Ca.)

It was 111 degrees, that's not a typo, and the wedding was outdoors. My daughter feinted from the heat.... but she was a trouper - made it to the club house before collapsing on the floor. I ran into the bar to get a wet towel... no one there... I could have poured myself some very expensive Scotch Whiskey but kept my head and only took a wet towel. Checked later but the bartender had returned.

Scouted the crowd for very wealthy young women, (My two oldest grandson's were there), but no luck.... well, sort of.... but not young AND wealth... which I tried to explain to my Grandson's was an issue that could be overcome, 40 years older so what? - but they weren't having it. Youth, sheesh.

Drove home, 3 hour drive, after the wedding and about 40 miles from home found out my car has great brakes. Young lady ran a stop sign in front of us and I stopped about 1' from the driver's door.

Family leaves for camping tomorrow, I can't go.. so it's milk directly from the carton and eating in the living room for me for the next 5 days. Life is good. - JamesJM
SubjectAuthorViewsPosted

My first Jewish Wedding....

JamesJM489June 18, 2017 11:06PM

I'm in a similar mode, Jimmy

21Dog191June 19, 2017 04:53AM

No,

JamesJM159June 19, 2017 06:58AM

sent to your phone nm

21Dog153June 19, 2017 08:06AM