Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

Well, that's a tough one, '79..

April 21, 2017 04:49AM
Its been forever since I've been to a GA show.. Last one was White Zombie in the early 90's.. Do they actually have seats on the floor, or is it open space? What is the capacity of the venue?

For some reason I would think it wouldn't be as crazy now as it was back in the 70's/80's because people seem to have very little patience now to wait in line for long periods.... On the other hand, they have cell phones and all kind of crap to keep them occupied in line, and I would think most Sammy fans would be older, so I dunno.. I would thin bare minimum would be, like, 3 hours.. but back in the day people would wait overnight..

My story: Queen Day at the Races tour we went to see them in Dallas.. Got to meet Thin Lizzy, the opening act at Peaches Records.. The staff at Peaches told us Queen was making an inshore appearance, so we bought Queen LPs for them to sign.. I bought Queen's A Night At the Opera and opened it in anticipation.. So, Thin Lizzy shows up and the store won't take the Queen LP back... Scott Gorham and Brian Downey both understood my Queen LP plight and signed my album.. Phil Lynott and Gary Moore (filling in for injured Brian Robertson) refused.. and were dicks about it.. So, I have Queen's Night at the Opera LP signed by two guys of Thin Lizzy..

So, the GA story is: It was a GA show.. We managed to be first in line at (I think) Dallas Convention Center.. HUGE line developed behind us.. When they opened the doors, of course the line started pushing.. hard... problem was, the doors opened OUTWARD, not inward.. I still have a small scar on my sternum area from that door, since the guy inside were pushing and the crowd outside was pushing, and I and my friend were in the middle... Great show, tho..!

Friendship is like peeing your pants.. Everybody can see it, but only you can feel the warmth..

SubjectAuthorViewsPosted

Question about general admission concert

ferragamo79381April 20, 2017 07:04PM

I thought The Who concert in Cincy ended those?

Ramgator175April 21, 2017 04:42AM

I think that show ended..

sstrams194April 21, 2017 05:54AM

Well, that's a tough one, '79..

sstrams195April 21, 2017 04:49AM

sorry about your Gary Moore experience

21Dog186April 21, 2017 05:30AM

He was a great guitarist...

sstrams170April 21, 2017 05:51AM