Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

Glad there's hope...

March 07, 2017 09:33AM
at least... Sounds like a harrowing experience with the news crew.. I believe they would have been looking down the barrel of a 12 gauge here in Texas.. Did I ever tell you my TV news story?

I had JUST moved to San Antonio in 1985.. Like, the day after getting there I'm in one of the malls and out of the blue comes a news crew.. the chick reporter sticks a mic in my face, the lights go on and she asks, "What do you think about the Gunslingers?"

Immediately I reply, "they should be shot!"... laughter.. lights out, news crew runs off..

I have NO idea who or what the Gunslingers are.. None.. I had just heard "gun" and thought and said "they should be shot" all at the same time..

I go around asking and apparently the Gunslingers were a minor league football team in San Antonio who were in the middle of some sort of dispute with the city.. Half of the team were probably felons on work release.. I watched the 6 o'clock news cast and there I am, in all my glory, insulting something or someone I have no clue about.. From that day on until the day I moved, I got nervous anytime any kind of athletic looking person would come up to me.. I still wonder if I'm on a hit list somewhere...

Friendship is like peeing your pants.. Everybody can see it, but only you can feel the warmth..

SubjectAuthorViewsPosted

Apparently I'm not as tough as I thought...

JamesJM437March 07, 2017 08:56AM

Glad there's hope...

sstrams241March 07, 2017 09:33AM

I'm hiring you as my PR guy.... Attachments

JamesJM252March 07, 2017 09:51AM

They probably will

sstrams257March 07, 2017 10:11AM

you're much more patient that I would be....

21Dog249March 08, 2017 04:15AM