Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

LOL about the bike in a bed thang and......

November 06, 2016 05:56AM
you are spot on with your conclusion, when my War Dept says no it means no or no food lol3 Notice I didn't mention the in bed part lol3

Vet clubs and Mustang clubs were and still are cults for sure, it's just my opinion but muscle car cults seem to have bonded as individual groups more than what Hot Rodders did and still do.
Hot Rodders (which I was) grew up with less models to chose from. The options in my time and or the ability to do cool things to them didn't really go crazy and I basically waited until I was deep into adulthood to have the coin to spend the way I wanted.

Funny you mention how you would point out cars in your cult with HOOVE signs at each other, us Hot Rodders waved at all cool cars, envy had a part in it and we just loved seeing someone taking care of and enjoying a very cool part of the American culture.

Yeah it sounds like you did some pretty serious fabricating or altering to your Vet but like you said when you bought it it became yours and gives you the right to do whatever you wanted to do to it. You probably did alter the value of the car as a collector or restorer goes but that's why they call it a hobby, you create your own little love of what you want.

Before my last and final move about 5 years ago now I had to very fun and cool cars (IMO for me) I had several shops where I could like you take my car in and say can I put it up in the air so I can do some cleaning and checking maintenance wise.
Never had a problem until I moved. Lost all my connections and luxuries of use and I just had lost the passion to go searching for new connections. Plus like you mentioned there is now way as I aged to get under those low riding Hot Rods.

The memories are endless.

roman18
When I bought my 1st vette ('72 soft top) getting parts was a big help in me affording the car. Bought for 3 grand because the cat thought it had a bad cylinder.....turned out to be a burnt wire (LOL)....but that car would go through axle u-joints like a baby and diapers......A big help also was that I had access to a local garage who bought from us, so I could always have a full garage to work with with upgrades or repairs......ended up customizing it with a daytona hood, a camaro style wrap around rear spoiler, and a flip top chrome gas lid, chromed out motor, wire wheels, leather inserts on the seats, and a paint I mixed myself that went from a purple in the day to a brown in the evening to black at night......Alot of people said I messed up the value doing those things, but taste is in the eye as they say......

Something that I really miss is the vette club I belonged to....everytime you passed a vette in the day you would show the V sign as you passed, all owners waved at each other. The cars were never sold in dealerships at the time (where I lived anyway), no one had multiples of the car on the lot like they do now. the car was really quite rare back then...today you see one almost every block it seems. No old ones......

I have no place to work on a car now..(1 car garage)...and really I am not as agile to get under the things anymore....sometimes its hard to get out of the bed (LOL)....but the memories sure are fun to go back to....I have considered buying another Harley, but my wife says no...when mama says no she means it....and a bike won't fit in a bed, plus it isn't as warm and cuddly either....

RAM23
The Original HERD©
Dedicated Rams Fans
SubjectAuthorViewsPosted

Share if you remember

IowaRam927October 28, 2016 06:08PM

(sigh).....

sstrams466October 29, 2016 04:03AM

Re: (sigh).....

Billy_T427November 03, 2016 07:16AM

Now adays those tires

ferragamo79506October 31, 2016 11:11AM

I wonder if that car....

RAM23592November 01, 2016 07:08AM

Re: I wonder if that car....

roman18452November 02, 2016 05:54AM

Re: I wonder if that car....

RAM23590November 02, 2016 06:12AM

My dad was a college professor(Business management).....

roman18439November 06, 2016 02:57AM

Well then you had.....

RAM23580November 06, 2016 04:38AM

You got that right.....

roman18422November 06, 2016 05:30AM

LOL about the bike in a bed thang and......

RAM23619November 06, 2016 05:56AM

Chevy Nova

IowaRam474November 02, 2016 02:11PM

I had a 1969 Chevy Nova also....

73Ram391November 21, 2016 10:35AM